• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judgey97
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2020

Problems with swivel

Hi I’m new to this, I’ve bought a Everlast speed bag platform and assembled it and put it on the wall in my garage. I’m having an issue with the swivel it doesn’t seem to turn and is tight. Complete novice so any help would be much appreciated!
  • DizzyD
    • Jun 2020

Hi Judgey97, welcome to the forum. For those reading your thread would some pics, vids and detailed information be good, to give you an advice. With your little information given it’s hard to understand the problem.

Comment

• Jim Walker
      • Dec 2018

If the swivel is like the one on an Everlast platform I purchased several years ago, then it has a sealed bearing that allows it to rotate. Unscrew the bottom part of the swivel and spray some WD-40 on the bearing and try to work it in until it loosens up.

Comment

• pinzpirate
        • Feb 2020

If you bought it brand new Defect it out If the seller won't help you Contact Everlast

Comment

• glus
          • Apr 2020

More recent Everlast platforms (I ordered mine in April) are furnished with a swivel that does not have a bearing. Just a shaft into a cavity, slightly oversize. Mine spins okay enough, not smoothly, but it also jiggles. If this jiggle space wasn't enough, it would be tight and probably wouldn't spin, as you have described.
          I could tell right away it wasn't going to work for me (noisy), so I ordered this one that looks just like it, but has a bearing: https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Bag-Cot...dp/B00076ZEE4/

A call to Everlast would probably resolve things, but for less than $20 you can get a much better design.

Comment

• Judgey97
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Aug 2020

Hey guys thanks for the response the baring isn’t free on the swivel so is it instead grinding on the board where it is attached but has started to become move free flowing the more I’ve used it!
            I appreciate the help thank you!

Comment

• Judgey97
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Aug 2020

My platform has fell off the wall today after using it for 10 minutes.
              Does anyone have any suggestions when putting the platform on a brick wall on screws to get or any thing that might help keep it up?

Comment

• pinzpirate
                • Feb 2020

Actual bricks or concrete block ? I have one with 60lbs of weight on it mounted with six 1/4 " Tapcons in concrete block

Comment

• Judgey97
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Aug 2020

Actual brick, I’ve used two piece of 4x2 to put the platform on to but need to put it In to the brick wall now

Comment

• pinzpirate
                    • Feb 2020

Tapcons should work 1/4X 13/4 to 2 inches long drilling the holes neatly is the key to their success especially when you need to
                    maximize their resistance to pull out Redheads or sleeve bolts are another option they require much larger holes and you will
                    probably have to enlarge the holes in the steel frame What did you mount the wood with the first time? Tip don't over tighten Tapcons
                    they are useless if they strip out in the hole

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...