Attn. Title big blue owners - extra long loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glus
    • Apr 2020

Attn. Title big blue owners - extra long loop?

The Title big blue and I are becoming fast friends, but I'm getting some twisting from this long loop. Are they all like this? Looking at the photos here, it's hard to tell for sure.

I've sent an email to Title about it, see if this is abnormal.

If this is indeed how all of them are, I could consider shortening the loop by 1" or even 1.25" (I would seek a good leatherworker nearby, I would not try this myself). However if there are pitfalls to avoid in such an undertaking, I will be happy to hear any opinions. Classic collectors that you are, I expect that repair of this nature is pretty normal.

Thanks
    Nick.
    Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

The loop on mine is long. It's probably 8 or 9 years old.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jun 2019

It’s a fairly simple operation to shorten or change a loop. Looks like you can get away with removing the stitches on one side. Shorten loop to desired length, restitch or Chicago screw back in place. You can find some threads in the archive with more detail.

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by glus View Post
        The Title big blue and I are becoming fast friends, but I'm getting some twisting from this long loop. Are they all like this? Looking at the photos here, it's hard to tell for sure.

I've sent an email to Title about it, see if this is abnormal.

If this is indeed how all of them are, I could consider shortening the loop by 1" or even 1.25" (I would seek a good leatherworker nearby, I would not try this myself). However if there are pitfalls to avoid in such an undertaking, I will be happy to hear any opinions. Classic collectors that you are, I expect that repair of this nature is pretty normal.

Thanks
        Nick.
        Wow. That really IS a lonnng loop. I have always toyed with picking up a Big Blue but that kind of puts me off of that.

My 5" Title perilous bag cam with a long loop too but not quite like that in the picture.
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I have always toyed with picking up a Big Blue but that kind of puts me off of that.
          Some people like Big Blue. I'm not one of them. Kind of a dog to me.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post

That's because we're spoiled rotten.....

Comment

• glus
              • Apr 2020

Fixed! Wasn't difficult to do.

Attached Files

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jul 2019

Nice job there glus

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by glus View Post
                  Fixed! Wasn't difficult to do.
                  Well dammit maybe I want one now|!

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

paranday Did you try a bladder swap? With most of my Title bags I've installed an orange within 48 hours.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

paranday Did you try a bladder swap? With most of my Title bags I've installed an orange within 48 hours.
                      I put the large orange Title bladder in it. The leather is heavier than my other big bags, plus Big Blue isn't exactly very round. As Dutchman stated, we're spoiled by the vintage big bags. The Everlast 4205 in particular. I'm told there is a 4205 for sale on Facebook. I don't have Facebook so can't check it out.

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

I put the large orange Title bladder in it. The leather is heavier than my other big bags, plus Big Blue isn't exactly very round. As Dutchman stated, we're spoiled by the vintage big bags. The Everlast 4205 in particular. I'm told there is a 4205 for sale on Facebook. I don't have Facebook so can't check it out.
                        Hmm I think I just want a blue speed bag. A friend of mine was in a second hand shop awhile ago and saw a small blue Everlast bag that looked to be in pretty good condition. After asking enough questions I figure it was most likely a 5". Hmm

Plus 1 for not having a facebook account. Me neither. Ever.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...