X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pegasos
    • Feb 2007

Vibration issues

Ok, just yesterday did i realize what working out with a speedbag means, after installing my first platform with heavy duty anchors, vibration was hell, it ruined every punch i made, since the vibrating board ruined the speedbag bounce. After i bought a 20-30 lbs bag of sand and placed it on top, only then did i got "initiated" into proper bouncing. But still, there is some vibration, although the waves of it going through the wood have a very low frequency and are not enough to ruin the bouncing..

I had seen a picture in some thread in this forum, from a guy that had attached a very thick piece of wood of similar diameter to his existing one and wrote something about it minimizing/eliminating the vibration. Since i also have this economy less than an inch thick board i would like to review the thread. Anyone remembers the thread this pic was posted in? Thanks.

And a question, what about the sound issue, any type of wood or any particular thickness that minimizes the bouncing sound? I have mounted my platform in a basement with truly loud echo.... and my sister lives on the first floor just above and she has a 1.5 year old boy that sleeps and can not be disturbed... i ll have to either find a proper wood or a proper thickness or make the whole basement sound proof, and it is huge.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...