• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roscoe
    • May 2006

Numba One

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
    I always thought the # 1 Cannoneer had the best job, you guys got to sit down (at least on the 8 inch SP M110) and all you had to do most of the time was worry about deflection and be ready to fill in for the crew chief. And you got to be an E5 to do it!
    #1 on a 155mm SP did all the fun stuff for less pay: Load the weapon and pull the lanyard (all while in the standing position). Was the designated driver too.

Fire Mission!

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      #1 on a 155mm SP did all the fun stuff for less pay: Load the weapon and pull the lanyard (all while in the standing position). Was the designated driver too.

Fire Mission!
      You used a lanyard?? j/k, I know you're always supposed to but I've pulled many a firing mechanism without one.

Splash, Over.

p.s., I kept the lanyard from the last 8" gun that I pulled and it was the last 8" round fired from my last 8" Battery. They decommissioned the 8" and converted us to MLRS. I have that lanyard hanging on the framed Battery Guidon that the guys signed and gave me when I left that Command. It was pretty cool and those two items are probably my most treasured possessions....
      Last edited by Chris M; 07-13-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...