X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roscoe
    • May 2006

Foam & Water Heavy Bag

Powair 160 pound foam and water bag is da kine! Sore knucks, bruised metacarples, bent wrists, jacked elbows, and f'd up shoulders are a thing of the past man.

Came in the mail at 12 pounds with a hose connection, I filled it in the hanging position letting air out at the half way point and then again near the top per instructions, blatter filled in no time, sweet as cherry pie.

I been a macho man all these years thinking "soft" was for wimen and using the biggest, hardest bags I could find....older and smarter now, this bag is worth the near $200 I paid and 30+ day wait.

I'm thinking the 2 inches of foam around the blatter are a solution to the "recoil" problems water bags were known for days gone by.

Roscoe (Like punching Santa Claus)
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

I got mine

I finnaly got mine yesterday It is the 80lb water and foam uppercutbag whoop whoop! Didint set it up yet though

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

water bags always apealed more to me, much reduced chance of injury! think ill get a water one when i get round to buying a heavy bag.

all the ware and tear on the joints and bones from a normal heavy bag wont bee good for later in life.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

I love how water bags "shift" when you punch them. They are also alot more forgiving to the hands and wrists...I think I need one now!

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

I have the Everlast one- which also has the 2"inch foam wrapped around it -
          planning to add a little duct tapeto theoutside now as well - to help with the round shape -

bag is pretty cool though - I am sure youwill like your water bag even more as you use it.

Comment

• ashe
            • Jun 2007

i just did a google and got nada. anybody got links?

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
              • Jun 2007

I got that

jaguiler i got that bag haging in my backyard and the bag has no water on the top, its only hard on the bottom
              Does your everlast H20 bag do this??

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                • Jun 2007

Here it is ash http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...tPage=category

Comment

• jaguiler
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2007

you have to fill as much water as possible then I stuffed the rest of the area on top with old clothes - so it is softer on top, but better than stock - but i like it so far....
                  keep in mind you can always stuff the whole bag with sand and clothes
                  - keep in mind I am a purely recreational fitness hitter....so far...

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                    • May 2007

Yo I went out to a sports store in a neighboring town and found the H2O bag for 50 bucks! I remembered this post and bought it instantly, I'll be posting a video soon...how do you guys feel about it overall?

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                      • Jun 2007

Got that too

I got that bag for the same price
                      Overall I think its a good bag and Its pretty good on the hands! Cant beat it for the price

Comment

• Chris M
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                        Yo I went out to a sports store in a neighboring town and found the H2O bag for 50 bucks! I remembered this post and bought it instantly, I'll be posting a video soon...how do you guys feel about it overall?
                        Please post your thoughts or a mini review when you get it set up, if I can find one of these for this price, I'll buy one for an outdoor bag. Right now I'm dragging my nice Ringside bag outside 3x a week. I don't want to leave a nice leather bag sitting in the sun and rain.

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                          • Jun 2007

Good idea

Chris m thats a good Idea to put it outside, thats what I did. Try going to your local sportys authourity and they will probably have it for 50$

Comment

• jaguiler
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2007

I paid about $75 for mine... maybe a tad less... but it seems liek a pretty strong bag.... but chris watch out for the temperature variations if you decide to fill it with water....

Comment

• Chris M
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                              I paid about $75 for mine... maybe a tad less... but it seems liek a pretty strong bag.... but chris watch out for the temperature variations if you decide to fill it with water....
                              I would take it down when the temperature drops below freezing. I don't like working out in the cold anyway.

There are plenty of nuts jogging in my neighborhood when it's really cold, and I'm talking 20 degrees or less. I ain't one of them, that's what they make treadmills for!

I don't have a Sports Authority near me, but I'll see what I can find online.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...