• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeMcC
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

Reivew: Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves

Gentlemen,

I see lots of questions about which bag gloves are "the best", or how they compare to others. I just received a new pair of gloves from ringside and I figured I would post a review.

I have been searching for a new pair of heavy bag gloves because I felt that my current ones "Ringside Super Bag Gloves" did not provide enough protection and were just slightly too big for my hand, which possibly contributed to the "lack of protection" feeling I got. I've been using the Super Bag gloves for about 2 months now and they aren't worn out, but are well broken in.

I ordered these gloves with a slight hesitation that they would roughly be the same thing as the super bag glove, and I'm happy to report that I was dead wrong about that. I can now see why Ross and many others have praised these gloves in other threads.

The IMF Tech gloves only come in sizes large, and small. I usually wear a XL size glove and was slightly worried that these would not fit, and they are a little tight, but this will probably go away once I break them in.

The hook and loop system on the IMF Tech gloves are superior to the velcro strap of the Super Bag glove, though I did like this part of the super bag glove. The IMF Tech strap provides more support on the wrist area due to the added leverage of the "d-ring". The IMF Tech gloves also come up a lot shorter on my forearm, as the Super Bag Gloves were about 3-4 inches from my elbow, these are more like 5-6 from the elbow, which gives a much faster feeling.

I was pleased to see that the IMF Gloves did deliver in the area I needed most, which was the knuckles. I have broken 2 metacarples in my left hand (southpaw) and I have two pins holding that hand together. I am constantly paranoid that I'm going to land a power shot and have titanium pins sticking out of my hand, so much so that I normally "double wrap" my hands and my knuckles are still brused and swollen after hitting the bag. These gloves have a TON more padding in them, as well as having better padding. It's hard to describe but it's much more spongy than the super bag glove padding, it's also a good 20-30% thicker in the knuckle area.

As usual Ringside delivered a great product and in a timely manner. I also have these pictures to show the difference. Keep in mind the super bag gloves are XL and the IMF Gloves are L.

I hope this helps.
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

great review - thanks for the input - will come in handy for me soon as I plan to get more serious with the heavy bag.
    they are leather right ?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...