• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

The "Coupe DeVille Swivel" is a Rocket!

Ecclesiastes:1:9: "What has been done is what will be, And what has been done will be done again."

And so with that thought I asked Dee to make me an eyeless swivel. There have been vintage pics of ones posted here from times past but no one seemed to have one. None that I've seen here or on youtube anyway. Here's some pics of the old ones.

So even though this was just a prototype it worked really well. It is super fast as the hang from the board is one inch shorter than a Powermill swivel. It really takes some getting used to but I really like it. It will definitely add some speed to your bagging. One of the real pluses of this type of swivel is that the hook never rides up and hangs up on the eye.
    It makes it easier to learn if you are a beginner. There are no limitations to "Bible Style" bagging with this type of swivel.

After seeing how it could be made I bought some eyebolts approximately the same diameter as the eye on the standard all metal Everlast swivel and made a few of my own. They all worked great and the length of the hook can be made any length to suit ones taste and skill level.

I addressed the issue of the extra swing on the bag possibly causing more wear on the loop by taking some Gorilla duct tape and cutting some narrow strips and wrapping the loop where it hangs on the hook. It didn't affect the performance at all.

Here's some pics. You can see the differences in the length of the hooks on the ones I made.

Again, thank you Dee.

fedora

Last edited by fedora; 01-08-2014, 07:29 PM.
  • Philip_Martin
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2014

Clever...

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Don't know if the fellow who posted this video is on the forum or not. He is actually showing the platform he made, but check out the swivel. It is an eyeless one. Looks like it works pretty good to me by the way he is handling it. I love mine. It's easy to adjust the swing and thus the speed and you get fewer miss hits.

Although I noticed he put a strap through the bag loop and attached that to the hook. Good idea to minimize wear on the loop, I may try that.

fedora

UHMW Polyethylene drum, 24" diameter x 1" thick. Driled to fit a Balazs platform. UHMW is super strong, weather and corrosion proof, got it cut to size fro...
      Last edited by fedora; 01-12-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

So did you try it Ralph? I have an old leather belt that's pretty thick that I could make a strap like that out of.

fedora
        Last edited by fedora; 01-13-2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Ralph, you are always such a generous guy, no kidding. But no need for you to go to the trouble, I have an old thick leather belt in my garage I was keeping just for the purpose of using it for odd projects. Tomorrow I'll cut a strip out of it and see how it works. It might save some wear on my loops as I'm just using this type of swivel now.

thanks fedora

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Okay, if you know you don't want it. PM sent.

Thanks a lot, fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...