X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAsianBagger
    • Sep 2010

Chain Link Swivels

I currently have a chain link swivel... im not sure of what brand or make but it came with the century package i got and still curently have, i wanna hear any advice or comments you have about chain link swivels so i can decide how urgently i should buy a new swivel!
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by TheAsianBagger View Post
    I currently have a chain link swivel... im not sure of what brand or make but it came with the century package i got and still curently have, i wanna hear any advice or comments you have about chain link swivels so i can decide how urgently i should buy a new swivel!
    Well its definately not urgent. I am playing with my chainlink again and really like it alot now. Your gonna notice a MAJOR difference with your new bag your getting. That alone should keep ya busy for quite a while. I am still hitting on my first "good bag". I have been "bible baggin" just under 3 months now and learned a whole lot off of this forum.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• juxt
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

check out this http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2881

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        Well its definately not urgent.
        x2. There's plenty you can do on a chain link. Just keep an eye out for a good ball hook. If you wanna be serious about "bible style" punching you gotta get one, but there is no rush.

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I was comparing a new chainlink to a visibly more worn out one. maby its just me, but im starting to think a chainlink moves better once its broken in. still not as good as the ballhook though

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

With chain links there may be a point between broken in and worn out where they work best at what they are good for. Some that have been used a lot by others get into a pattern that is hard to get used to. I just tried a fairly new one of mine with a shackle instead of the chain link and was able to do things that I couldn't do with the chain link. It holds the strap tighter. I have posted pictures of it on other threads. Got the shackle from a boating store. Will have to see if I can find who supplies it. Chain links aren't good for side punches but are okay for front and back.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...