• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2007

Ringside Gel Shock Handwrap

I like to hit the bag but do not like any gloves I have seen do to bulkiness. I wrap them sometimes but when I want to hit only briefly I dont bother. I just purcahased the ringside gel shock handwraps because I like the fact they are neoprene gloves and appear to only have a small amount of gel in them, and then if you choose the wraps go over.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

A lot of people here prefer barehanded. After your hands get accustomed to hitting barehanded, it becomes preferable because you can get more precision with your hitting. I especially notice a difference when I'm linking, that is, passing my hands through the bag when I'm doing a FCP ' RCP.

I used to use wraps when I was speedbagging, but even that little bit seemed to make a difference in my accuracy.

See the thread here also since it's been discussed a couple times before: http://speedbagforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257

Comment

• Chris
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2007

When I got my set up a month ago and it came with a century 10x7 bag. I hit the bag for about 15 days before I got my 8X5 everlast pro. The century bag made my fist raw and bloody and although their healing I still rip the scabs off all the time. I never take the time to wrap and I was thinking if their was a glove that still gave me good feel my hands could heal a little bit.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

My son had the same problem with his hands. I got him some wraps and it helped but he didn't want to take the time to put them on.

I got him some Everlast gel gloves and it hasn't been a problem since.

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

You can try the Harbinger leather Classic Wrap glove - they run around $20 and a good to hit the bag with. The problem Ihad with them though was that the XL size was too tight on my hands...and my hands aren't large at all.... ?? it was strange. etherway if they fit I would be wearing them.
          So now I go with wraps or gloveless when hitting for a few minutes at a time.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
            • Oct 2006

i know that i prefer bare handed if i just hit the speedbag and nothing else. if i do a few rounds with the heavy bag first, i will leave them on because im all ready pumped, it doesnt seem to make a difference. otherwise my hands seem noticably slower to me.

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevdawg0324 View Post
              i know that i prefer bare handed if i just hit the speedbag and nothing else. if i do a few rounds with the heavy bag first, i will leave them on because im all ready pumped, it doesnt seem to make a difference. otherwise my hands seem noticably slower to me.
              I frequently do rounds alternating on the double end bag, the heavy bag, and the speed bag. What I do is just take off my gloves and hit with just the hand wraps when I get to the speed bag and I definitely notice a difference in my accuracy with the wraps on my hands.

Comment

• Chris
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2007

I received the gloves and I like them on the heavy bag. As far as the speed bag goes nothing compares to barehanded.

Comment

• pherc
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2007

oddly enough, i use a pair of bicycle fingerless gloves. they add just a small layer of pad to the knuckles. i work at ringside and they are coming out with a very nice pair of gloves that are like the gel hand wraps without all the wrap.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...