X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbirdmma
    • Jan 2008

my home gym

here is my home gym it cost me 550 bucks so make and its worth every penny. i train mma in it and its my speed bag home.

• dbirdmma
    • Jan 2008

everlast pro leather sucks look at all that cracking after only a month....

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dbirdmma View Post
      everlast pro leather sucks look at all that cracking after only a month....
      Thats a shame, go with a Title or Tuf Wear Bag they both wear like Iron

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

Where did you get that platform? Is it from ringside? It looks pretty good.

I don't know what's up with that everlast pro but it looks like hell. I have two everlast pros and they look much better. I ordered one from title and one straight from everlast and the one from everlast looks better than the one from title. Also, I was at Dicks sporting goods and they have everlast pro bags that look and feel inferior than the one I ordered from the everlast web site.

I have to say though that your setup looks awesome! I am glad to see that someone else besides me enjoys using the chainlink swivel. I have that same swivel. It's a good one, although I believe that the everlast chainlink is the best swivel out there.
        Last edited by riqal; 02-15-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
          It's a good one, although I believe that the everlast chainlink is the best swivel out there.
          u used any other swivel types?
          ________
          Wiki vaporizer
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• dbirdmma
            • Jan 2008

yea its a ringside platform i wrote a review on it. its a nice platform at a great price. the swivel is pretty nice except its very squicky i have to to wd 40 on it often. yeai got the bag at dicks so that might be a reason for the poor bag. i like the bag just wish the leather wasnt so crappy...

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Looks great. Can't beat the convenience of training at home...it'll pay for itself within a year.

Shame the everlast bag has gone south so quickly. The important thing is that it still works though...

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

I have the everlast plastic and metal ballhooks, the ringside and everlast chainlink swivels, and I have used the U-bolt type swivel several times. If you care to know the details of why the everlast chainlink is the best (in my opinion), then post a reply.

Sorry dbirdmma, I forgot that I had already read your review on that platform.
                Last edited by riqal; 02-16-2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• roberthelpus
                  • Dec 2007

Looks like a nice uncluttered space for you to focus on what your doing.

Try some grease. It will last longer than WD-40. Slather a decent amount on, hit it for a couple of minutes to work it in and wipe off the excess.

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Excellent setup!! Can u jump rope down there or is the ceiling too low?
                    sigpic

Comment

• dbirdmma
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      Excellent setup!! Can u jump rope down there or is the ceiling too low?
                      its just high enough to jump rope =)

Comment

• Jumpy
                        • Feb 2008

I like it. I'm getting my first garage soon, so I can't wait to do the same with my place , minus the olympic bench.

So what is done with the floor. Is that padding or carpet?

Comment

• dbirdmma
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jumpy View Post
                          I like it. I'm getting my first garage soon, so I can't wait to do the same with my place , minus the olympic bench.

So what is done with the floor. Is that padding or carpet?

thanks its puzzle mats i bought them at sams club to floor a 16 by 10 space costed me $100 so it wasnt too bad. there a half inch thick and there soft enough to do crunches on on do work on the bags without shoes on. its also good to spar on.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...