X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quantumhands
    • Aug 2012

custom platform

custom platform I built over a year ago.
    Attached Files
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

The star. Natal or Ninja? Painted or taped lines? Looks rock solid and nicely done.

Comment

• quantumhands
      • Aug 2012

i am some what of an drawer so this is just some free hand lines and a lil 4-way spike deal to give it some extra looks. I was not trying to replicate anything just wanted to give it an different appearance than the standard blank drum. I am currently working on another platform and was thinking about drawing an owl on it cause my girlfriend loves owls and enjoys baggin with me. this one will be all 2x4 cause i have seen a couple other 2x4 built platforms and they seem real flimsy so i wanted to give it a shot and see what i can do with my skills. bag on brothers!!!!

Comment

• swfl
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2013

When you say build out of 2x4's I am uncertain if you are talking about the mount or the platform. Her is a picture of mine.. Not all that pretty but are rock solid and built with mostly 2x4's the one on the right actually has 1x6 on the very bottom with Ipe being the wood. It is about the hardest wood I have ever worked with. Either way. with a pile of sticks you can build something very solid and inexpensively.
        Attached Files

Comment

• quantumhands
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swfl View Post
          When you say build out of 2x4's I am uncertain if you are talking about the mount or the platform. Her is a picture of mine.. Not all that pretty but are rock solid and built with mostly 2x4's the one on the right actually has 1x6 on the very bottom with Ipe being the wood. It is about the hardest wood I have ever worked with. Either way. with a pile of sticks you can build something very solid and inexpensively.
          yes that is exactly what i was talking about the whole mount made from 2x4's. Your set up looks very nice, solid, and easy. I may try and figure out a way to make it adjustable so my taller friends can still hit on it but that may be easier said than done lol.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...