• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martinez34
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2013

my platform and bag set up.

I ended up going with the everlast elite platform for cost purposes. only 97 dollars on ebay. i got it really anchored in the wall with 6 lag bolts and 2 x 4's. then bolted the platform into the wood for a solid stable fit! to get rid of the vibration i added a 35lb weight plate and a old memory foam pillow under it and it works wonderful! no humming and very ridged. couldn't be happier with it. got a Deville swivel and a new leone bag with the money i saved on a platform. i also have a 8 x 5 grant bag, but with all the new techniques i have been learning i'm using the bigger leone mostly at the moment.
    Attached Files
  • Marlon
    • Apr 2013

Nice work! I'm thinking about buying a Leone Bag (9.5 x 6.5) How do you like it?

Comment

• martinez34
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
      Nice work! I'm thinking about buying a Leone Bag (9.5 x 6.5) How do you like it?
      i really dig it, its light and very fast, very different from my grant. but im very impressed with all the leone gear that i have gotten, the make great gloves as well.

Comment

• martinez34
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        your setup looks really stable, that leone bag looks nice and i had my eye on one for awhile because i don't have a real 5x8 teardrop bag all my 5x8s are more bannana shape. what size is your bag and how does the grant bag look next to that one, more bannana or teardrop or some where in between ?
        my leone is 6.5x9.5 they offer, and the grant is 5x8. got the bigger of the two leone bags cause of the new techniques im learning from the bible and this forum. the leone bag is very light and pretty fast, but very different from the grant bag. the grant has more of a heavy feel to it and a better control factor at the moment. plus im on my first couple of weeks with a ball and hook swivel so im getting used to that as well. for the price the leone bag is killer, grant bags are hard to find now without special ordering one. im just lucky im such a gear nut and collected tons of high end grant gear before they stopped selling through ringside a while ago.
        Attached Files

Comment

• martinez34
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2013

yes they are. thats a good deal for them as well, looks like he has different colors to choose from as well. the leone is just a tad taller and the grant is heavier on the hands. they both are great!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...