• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cliffordsimmons
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2011

First Platform Construction

Hey all:

New here. I have been on again off again interested in boxing, but now have decided I really need a good home gym to continue (get started really) in training. I already have an 80 lbs everlast Nevetar bag.

I started building the platform from a 24 inch round from HD. The brackets I am using are old shelving brackets that are actually really sturdy.

I am probably going to buy the Everlast Professional Speedbag Swivel for it.

I am still not sure as far as speed bags go. I was going to order the Top Contender bag but I have also looked at the Ringside bag and Rival bags. I probably want something along the lines of a 7x10 to start with. The top contender bag looks great but is sold out right so.....

Thoughts?

I have tried to upload photos but the uploader didn't seem to work. Here is a link to my FB album, maybe you can see that.

• REDMASTA
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2011

Those brackets do look very solid should turn out very nice. I'd also get a 50lb bag of play sand to throw on top.

I'm a newbie as well and started off with Title Gyro 10 x 7 kind of wish I would of gotten a 9 x 6 off the bat.

Comment

• RP65
      • Jan 2011

Hi Cliff, Ralph here, you're 9x6 is on the way Thanks for you're order
      ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• cliffordsimmons
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2011

Once I get it constructed and try it I'll try the sand, all I need is to get the swival ( next payday ) and get the dam thing on the wall!

Comment

• cliffordsimmons
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2011

I got the speed bag today. It looks great, but I realized that I don't have a pump to inflate the dam thing!

I will look for one this weekend.

I have uploaded a pic to my FB album linked above.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...