Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah Royal, You're a great bagger! Great technique, very relaxed, deliberate and precise. Nice job. Bag On!!
    I picked up a couple of Ryans Swivs\ also. Very Nice. I spoke with Ralph (RP65) who talked about getting those swivs
    coated with a space age type teflon coating that is incredibly durable and would make them faster and smoother.
    He also mentioned that it would last a lifetime, that you'de never be able to wear it out (or have to oil it ever again).
    Sounds like my kind of swivel! haha!
    Last edited by TJ_MaTee; 02-04-2011, 06:12 PM. Reason: Additional Text
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
      ...I spoke with Ralph (RP65) who talked about getting those swivs coated with a space age type teflon coating that is incredibly durable and would make them faster and smoother.
      He also mentioned that it would last a lifetime, that you'de never be able to wear it out (or have to oil it ever again).
      Sounds interesting, wonder what it costs?

I'm using this product, DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry Wax Lubricant, which contains Teflon and molybdenum. Some motorcyclists really like it for their bikes' chains. I've been hitting two weeks with it on my second Powermill swivel, no squeaks, plus I'd say it's a nice and quiet ball hook swivel now. I put it on the eye hook / s-hook, where they meet, not just on the ball. It doesn't attract dust, doesn't drip, doesn't need any attention as far as I can tell.

Can't give you a long term report yet, but can say it is dirt cheap, you can get at at the local hardware store. I would think this would be perfect for outdoor swivels. Unlike oil, it will not thicken at 20 below. Have had it on a screen door hinge for a year now, no squeaks, no re-lubes.

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I have been wanting to experiment with a dry lubricant. This may be the answer
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• RP65
          • Jan 2011

Ralph here, still have a few bags left. If interested forum members can PM or email me, all others can email me @ ralphponce65@hotmail.com for more info.
          ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• royalewifcheese
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
            Yeah Royal, You're a great bagger! Great technique, very relaxed, deliberate and precise. Nice job. Bag On!!
            I picked up a couple of Ryans Swivs\ also. Very Nice. I spoke with Ralph (RP65) who talked about getting those swivs
            coated with a space age type teflon coating that is incredibly durable and would make them faster and smoother.
            Sounds like my kind of swivel! haha!
            thanks TJ_MaTee, I just watch videos from all the members and try to practice. Nothing special here. I like the teflon coating idea, how do we get this done?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...