X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StevieMac
    • Oct 2010

Seven week update with POWERMILL content

I think this is week 7 of speed baggin’ for me now. A little sloppy, but here’s a short clip of where I’m at. The POWEMILL Evil swivel is of course AWESOME just like everyone says. Thanks again jumpcannon!

Last edited by StevieMac; 01-26-2011, 10:38 AM.
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
    I think this is week 7 of speed baggin’ for me now. A little sloppy, but here’s a short clip of where I’m at. The POWEMILL Evil swivel is of course AWESOME just like everyone says. Thanks again jumpcannon!

Wow dude....excellent vid! I love your setup!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah Stevie, your tearin' it up for only 7 weeks of baggin'. Very Awesome! You got the right idea, "steady" and "deliberate" when learning all those techniques. Really like your setup too! Keep at it bro.
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Only 7 WEEKS!!!!! wow jaw-dropping stuff! great work Stevie.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Man , the new guys around here are coming on strong! Great stuff for the 7 week mark. If I had a video of myself at 7 weeks, I probably wouldn't show it, I wasn't capable of doing 1/10th of what you can. Great work and solid looking form on everything. Looks like a very nice baggin' corner you have built there. The paint does indeed look better without the direct flash of the camera (If I recall you had mentioned something about that in your photo of the Balazs).

Nice work. Is that the Title classic in 9x6 size?

Comment

• StevieMac
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
            Wow dude....excellent vid! I love your setup!
            Thanks man. It is a nice place to bag!

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
            Yeah Stevie, your tearin' it up for only 7 weeks of baggin'. Very Awesome! You got the right idea, "steady" and "deliberate" when learning all those techniques. Really like your setup too! Keep at it bro.
            Thanks TJ. I hear ya on the slow and steady. I must say I get a bit of performance anxiety when that video camera switches on and things tend to get sloppy but such is life.

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Only 7 WEEKS!!!!! wow jaw-dropping stuff! great work Stevie.
            Thanks Fingers. Yeah, only seven weeks but a lot of time under the board! I actually need to take tonight off. I actually overdid it a bit on the weekend and need to take a night off as my hands are a little sore.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Man , the new guys around here are coming on strong! Great stuff for the 7 week mark. If I had a video of myself at 7 weeks, I probably wouldn't show it, I wasn't capable of doing 1/10th of what you can. Great work and solid looking form on everything. Looks like a very nice baggin' corner you have built there. The paint does indeed look better without the direct flash of the camera (If I recall you had mentioned something about that in your photo of the Balazs).

Nice work. Is that the Title classic in 9x6 size?
            Thanks Tim. It’s no mystery how the new guys get up to speed so quickly around here. IMO it’s the direct result of having so much information available on this site. I have learned just about everything from reading this site and watching all the videos. Great information and inspiration all in one place! I do need to start working through my speed bag bible though.

The bag is a Title 9x6 but not the classic. One of these:

I bought a medium, small and extra small. I actually put up the extra small on Sunday and had an absolute blast with it.
            Last edited by StevieMac; 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

Coming along nicely. Very good control! Man I got to get in touch with Jumpcannon those swivels look and sound awesome. I haven't been on the forum for a little bit and come back and he has a Swivel Empire!

Comment

• StevieMac
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                Coming along nicely. Very good control! Man I got to get in touch with Jumpcannon those swivels look and sound awesome. I haven't been on the forum for a little bit and come back and he has a Swivel Empire!
                Thanks for the kind words.

RE: Swivel Empire! LOL, nice.

They do work and sound great.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Great variety of punches SM!

SM, that's alot of variety for only 7 weeks of baggin! Not to mention, that's a whole lot of variety for 1:02 sec's of video. What I liked the most was the Double bump fist rollin, but even more so was the Reverse double bump fist rollin. I am pretty sure I saw that right. That's not easy skillz to do....much less on camera! Looks like you're handling that performance anxiety okay to me. Well done SM! Thanks for postin!

Nice Baggin Dungeon! That's what I call mine anway!

Keep on Baggin and Postin!
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Biff
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Wow, SM, great progress in a 3 week span. You're looking really solid. Nice mix of combos.

Tim's right. You new guys are progressing at a tremendous pace. A couple of years ago, we never saw anything like that from the new baggers. And that's a good thing!!!! A testament to this forum and the proliferation of bagging around the world.

Love your setup.

To quote Bruce Wayne from many years ago, "To the Bag Cave, Robin."

Comment

• StevieMac
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                      SM, that's alot of variety for only 7 weeks of baggin! Not to mention, that's a whole lot of variety for 1:02 sec's of video. What I liked the most was the Double bump fist rollin, but even more so was the Reverse double bump fist rollin. I am pretty sure I saw that right. That's not easy skillz to do....much less on camera! Looks like you're handling that performance anxiety okay to me. Well done SM! Thanks for postin!

Nice Baggin Dungeon! That's what I call mine anway!

Keep on Baggin and Postin!
                      Thanks NSB. Yeah it’s a short video with lots of stuff but more run time is just more time for the noob to make mistakes! I really like doing the double bump first roll, it’s been a fun thing to work on. All the double bumping is for me actually. I do reverse the direction of the first roll at one point (something else I stole from Mrs. Mitts) but its single strikes not double bumping. I don’t know if there is name for that technique.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      Wow, SM, great progress in a 3 week span. You're looking really solid. Nice mix of combos.

Tim's right. You new guys are progressing at a tremendous pace. A couple of years ago, we never saw anything like that from the new baggers. And that's a good thing!!!! A testament to this forum and the proliferation of bagging around the world.

Love your setup.

To quote Bruce Wayne from many years ago, "To the Bag Cave, Robin."
                      Thanks Biff. It’s all thanks to this site and some dedicated practice time. Without all the videos on this site I wouldn’t be doing nearly as well. I better mention the SpeedbagSkunk too. The tips on his Youtube channel were also very, very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/speedbagskunk.../2/Byj0DcPiOjw

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                        Thanks NSB. Yeah it’s a short video with lots of stuff but more run time is just more time for the noob to make mistakes! I really like doing the double bump first roll, it’s been a fun thing to work on. All the double bumping is for me actually. I do reverse the direction of the first roll at one point (something else I stole from Mrs. Mitts) but its single strikes not double bumping. I don’t know if there is name for that technique.

Thanks Biff. It’s all thanks to this site and some dedicated practice time. Without all the videos on this site I wouldn’t be doing nearly as well. I better mention the SpeedbagSkunk too. The tips on his Youtube channel were also very, very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/speedbagskunk.../2/Byj0DcPiOjw
                        Fantastic progress StevieMac, unbelievable really. You're doing a great job of learning and adding new combos to your routine. The reverse front fist roll by the way was something I 'stole' off speedbagskunk!

Like you say, there's a lot of great videos out there to learn from, thanks to modern tech we're all sharing and learning from each other.

Won't be long before people will be 'stealing' from your videos!

Comment

• StevieMac
                          • Oct 2010

Thanks Mrs. Mitts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Very nice ... especially for 7 weeks...
                            man... I remember when i first youtubed speed bag and saw skunk and alan Kahn... and was blown away.. that was August of 2008...I started in Sept 10th, 2008. And it seems like more people are getting into now that even just two years ago.. and the info on Tim's page and all the vids now on youtube are
                            making what I thought was insane and underground and unique almost runof the mill...
                            come on.... double bumping, from behind, elbows everywhere....
                            haha.. but it's awesome... cuz baggin' rules!

Great stuff Stevie!
                            BAG ON!

Comment

• StevieMac
                              • Oct 2010

Thanks Brian! I’ve watched a LOT of your videos. You have been a big inspiration. I hope to get a chance to bag in the speed bag truck one day.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...