• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Speed bag 3 month

Update of my 3 month progress. Switched to the all metal ball hook a couple weeks ago. Still got some cleaning up to do on my hitting. Critique as needed please!
    Last edited by jumpcannon; 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM. Reason: because
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Nice work Jump!!! you are getting used to the ball-hook in style! hard to believe you have only been baggin for 3 months also hard to believe how fast those big arms can move!!

Comment

• The Baggist
      Vert Baggin' Master
      • May 2009

Great punching Jumpcannon!!! Can't really critique much cause it looks like you have near perfect form on your combos. Your downward elbow combos and split fist work is vicious! Maybe try a little more work from the sides of the bag to mix it up a little more.
      Originally posted by fingers View Post
      also hard to believe how fast those big arms can move!!
      P.S......I think you and FINGERS would have quite an arm wrestling match cause you both have serious guns..... er cannons!!!

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
        Great punching Jumpcannon!!! Can't really critique much cause it looks like you have near perfect form on your combos. Your downward elbow combos and split fist work is vicious! Maybe try a little more work from the sides of the bag to mix it up a little more.

P.S......I think you and FINGERS would have quite an arm wrestling match cause you both have serious guns..... er cannons!!!
        Yea....i wanted to get most of the front and back stuff down before overflowing my brain with side punches. I am gonna start on side punching next and clean up what i already know.
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
          • Sep 2010

awsome

man thats some awsome bagging wish i had a setup like you do

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Good stuff, great speed and power. Very well done. Great progress for 3 months, very good progress.

Looks like the FDP front double punch gave you the most trouble, nothing inherently wrong with the technique from what I could tell, just keep practicing Looks like you favor your right arm a tiny bit, but that's natural, I'm guessing that's your strong hand. But you threw plenty of stuff with the left too.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Good stuff, great speed and power. Very well done. Great progress for 3 months, very good progress.

Looks like the FDP front double punch gave you the most trouble, nothing inherently wrong with the technique from what I could tell, just keep practicing Looks like you favor your right arm a tiny bit, but that's natural, I'm guessing that's your strong hand. But you threw plenty of stuff with the left too.
              Your absolutely right Tim! I learn new stuff naturally from my right arm. (f rolls, d-tes, etc. Thats where you can tell i am still new. I am now gonna start with the basics again and try to equalize both arms. I have an eraser board on my wall and right down my priorities and work on them. So workin my left arm is now a priority! Gonna try to work that in with side punching. AHHH it never ends! LOL. Ironically i can land FDP all the time.....just not in this vid...lol. Next update will come in probably about a month or two! So i got work to do!!!!!
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Nice work Jump!!! you are getting used to the ball-hook in style! hard to believe you have only been baggin for 3 months also hard to believe how fast those big arms can move!!
                DITTO! Fast work considering the guns! That's some big artillery to be moving that fast! Looks like you're getting a good workout on that bag. In my humble opinion, I think you're doing great! My only suggestion would be to try to keep your elbows up as much as possible in order to keep up with the bag. Nice video, jump.
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

3 months! Wow! Great!
                  Okay.... everyone slow down!!!!!!
                  I am not getting any better,,, and everyone is getting too good!
                  It's getting a little embarrassing..
                  HAHA....
                  Once you're bitten by the Bag Bug, life changes forever....
                  Great stuff Jump! Serious intensity there!!

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    3 months! Wow! Great!
                    Okay.... everyone slow down!!!!!!
                    I am not getting any better,,, and everyone is getting too good!
                    It's getting a little embarrassing..
                    HAHA....
                    Once you're bitten by the Bag Bug, life changes forever....
                    Great stuff Jump! Serious intensity there!!
                    SSP your absolutely right. "once your bitten by the bag bug" everything does change. I researched some speedbag stuff cause i wanted to set one up in the basement and seen the vids of guys doing all the trick stuff. (i didnt even know people could hit a bag like that)! Then i was absolutely hooked and since then i put speedbaggin on my things to do list! LOL.....I hit at least 5 days a week. Sometimes hitting for 2 hours a session. I am guessing the newness will wear off soon....but for now its BAG ON!
                    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great stuff, JC. You certainly have some serious skills for just 3 months under the board. All your practice is paying off. Some more time practicing your side punching and you'll have the complete package.

Originally posted by The Baggist
                      I'd love to see that myself

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

LOL....Not arm wrestling!
                        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• fingers
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • May 2008

LOL I've lost count of how many times i have been asked!! to arm wrestle in bars over the years!!! men and women beer-power!!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

3 months! Amazing bagging for a beginner. Your combos are very impressive along with the speed. I need to get my platform dusted off and get some practice in to try and keep up!

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

LOL...thats true fingers! BEER = POWER! @UK...thanks for the compliment! I love your setup in the background by the way!
                              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...