X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAsianBagger
    • Sep 2010

RE* Semi-New Bag

thanks so unseen circumstances I was forced to make and re-upload a new video.
    Also what is the name of the spin move that I do in the clip???
    Just wondering...
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

cool vid dude....keep em coming!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by TheAsianBagger View Post
      Good stuff. You've got a pretty impressive set of moves already ... the spin is nicely done too.

Just wondering...
      There's no "official" term for the spin, so that's what people call it. The Speed Bag Bible has a complete notation for strikes and punches, but doesn't cover spins specifically. I can tell you you are doing an "inward" elbow to start it and an "outward" elbow after that.

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Good stuff. You've got a pretty impressive set of moves already ... the spin is nicely done too.

There's no "official" term for the spin, so that's what people call it. The Speed Bag Bible has a complete notation for strikes and punches, but doesn't cover spins specifically. I can tell you you are doing an "inward" elbow to start it and an "outward" elbow after that.
        Thnx alot tim thnx for the support and the info, and as for the spin i learned it a couple days ago and have basically been calling it the hurrican or suthing like that when someone asks what it is lol

But yeh i hope to make more videos and grow with the forum

TheAsianBagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Great first vid!

Hey AsianBagger:
          You've got a talent for the bag. How long have you been at it? Looks like you have pretty good rhythm. The only thing I noticed that I thought worthy of mentioning would be this: It looks like (from the angle of the video anyway) that you're leaning in towards the bag to punch it. It looks like you could step in just a tiny bit closer to the bag without getting hit by it...see if it improves your stance and balance. Keep it up, and you'll be addicted like the rest of us here on the forum!
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Hey AsianBagger:
            You've got a talent for the bag. How long have you been at it? Looks like you have pretty good rhythm. The only thing I noticed that I thought worthy of mentioning would be this: It looks like (from the angle of the video anyway) that you're leaning in towards the bag to punch it. It looks like you could step in just a tiny bit closer to the bag without getting hit by it...see if it improves your stance and balance. Keep it up, and you'll be addicted like the rest of us here on the forum!
            Hey thnx for the compliment and yes i also noticed that i was standing a little far back so thnx for the advice. as for how long ive been baggin, I got the bag last christmas but only did the typical teenage boy thing and hit it as hard as possible lol no skill there... I had no rythme and only hard punches as if i was punching a heavy bag...
            All the tricks and such you see in this video i have learnd in the last 2 months cause thats when i started to "speed bag" lol

Comment

• jumpcannon
              Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

i like this kids attitude
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

All the tricks and such you see in this video i have learnd in the last 2 months cause thats when i started to "speed bag" lol
                You're a very wise teenager!
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

The Can-Asian Corkscrew speed bagging spin move!

Just wondering...
                  [/QUOTE]

Alright AsianBagger we are about to put you in the books with your name on your move since nobody did it yet. I checked out your profile, and since your in Canada, will call it the "Can-Asian Corkscrew". But, only on one condition. You've gotta explain the footwork in a post, here on the Forum and have someone video your feet during the Can-Asian Corkscrew technique. That way we can try an master it also! You look pretty smooth in your rotation. Michael Jackson Like! When I try the corkscrew, I stumble and fall out of camera view! lol

Welcome to the forum....Great Video! Keep it Baggin!
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Just wondering...
                    No official name for the spin move....you might wanna check with speedbagscissorhands since he uses it pretty regularly

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    Alright AsianBagger we are about to put you in the books with your name on your move since nobody did it yet. I checked out your profile, and since your in Canada, will call it the "Can-Asian Corkscrew". But, only on one condition. You've gotta explain the footwork in a post, here on the Forum and have someone video your feet during the Can-Asian Corkscrew technique. That way we can try an master it also! You look pretty smooth in your rotation. Michael Jackson Like! When I try the corkscrew, I stumble and fall out of camera view! lol

Welcome to the forum....Great Video! Keep it Baggin!
                    Nice name nova lol!! Can-Asian corkscrew....of course there's the Jersey Del-bows, The Chicago Windstorm, the Florida Gator-gun, The Texas twister, California Cavalcade or in your case;the Virginia Vortex....the possibilities are endless. Hey we could also go with the British Backlash, or the Australian Current.....hmmmmmmmmmm
                    sigpic

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Hey thnx for the compliment and yes i also noticed that i was standing a little far back so thnx for the advice. as for how long ive been baggin, I got the bag last christmas but only did the typical teenage boy thing and hit it as hard as possible lol no skill there... I had no rythme and only hard punches as if i was punching a heavy bag...
                      Most of us probably started out like a "teenage boy" but were much older. Wish I could have started out at your age. Any progress on being able to come to Speed Bag 2011?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...