Speed Bag Noob... (video link enclosed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAsianBagger
    • Sep 2010

Speed Bag Noob... (video link enclosed!)

Hey so im new to speed baggin and new to this forum and wanted to post a video of what I can do and what you can expect of me.
    as you can see i ahve a very cheep set up and would like any addvice on a new bag or on a new swivel.
    last but not least even though i use hand wraps my hands still hurt... is this because of my bag, because my hands are soft, or what??? if you have any answers they would be appreciated!
    ( I have a chain link swivel and an everlast bag, they came with the board as a package)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdpWKRPYmbQ
  • TheAsianBagger
    • Sep 2010

ooops...

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Welcome!! You don't look like a noob to me! Especially with those spinning elbows! Nice job! As for your hands..maybe your bag might be a little over-inflated? I'm no expert on this one but trust me, you are at the right place to find out. Someone will be able to better answer that question. My first guess might bee too much air in the bag. does your bag also have raised seams? i.e. the Everlast TA:S formely known as the Gyro Balanced has raised seams that could cause some soreness. I hope this was somewhat helpful, but again there are other much more knowledgeable members thtn myself who can help. Good luck and Keep On Baggin'
      sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
        • Sep 2010

thnx for the help

yes my bag has raised seems, (meaning it is not smooth but has ridges along the lenge of the bag) and about the elbow thing i saw some guy do it on youtube and learned it 2 days ago lol

do you recomend and certain bags or swivels im looking to get better ones, i currently have a thing i guess its called a chain link swivel ro sumthing and basically only goes back and forth not side to side during combos... so any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• RenoRattler
          • Sep 2009

I'd be willing to bet a lot of your hand soreness is coming from that bag. Those Century vinyls are like rocks no matter what you do to them.....

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
            • Sep 2010

i would have to agree

yeh i would have to agree it does feel pretty hard even when i let some air out... still hurts my hands but just rebounds slower.... sux i need a new bag and swivel, also a sand bag for on top of my thin board lol

Comment

• sparrky37
              • Jan 2010

The platform is decent, but definately get a ball and hook swivel, and a better bag! Keep your hands up, and work on your control. Other than that Great Stuff! Look forward to see your progress.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Lookin' good. It's not uncommon for hands to hurt when you start. But , as people have mentioned, the century bags aren't really very good. If you can , get something off the internet from Everlast, Title Boxing, or Ringside. Pretty much anything in the $20-$30 dollar range will be much better than that Century bag.

But most importantly, make sure you don't have too much air in it. It shouldn't be hard like a rock. You should be able to push it in with your thumbs a bit. Try lowering the air and see if the pain goes away.

Also be sure to check out http://www.speedbagcentral.com , there is lots of good information on there about bag inflation, etc.

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
                  • Sep 2010

Thnx guys

Hey thnx for all the tips and advice guys I'm learning alot more then I thought I would and also realized this is a very friendly forum

thnx so much from
                  TheAsianBagger

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Whoop whoop

Great skills new bag brother! Looks like you have solid flow, also probly going to wanna go ahead and get you a ball hook swivel. Keep it baggin bro

SpeedBagSkunk

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
                      • Sep 2010

was just wondering

hey i was thiking about getting the title boxing classic 6x9 bag and wanted your gutys imput on it.
                      fromwhat i see it looks like a pretty good bag but if you guys could recomend anything better or anything just as good and lower then $35 it would be much appretiated

Comment

• The Baggist
                        Vert Baggin' Master
                        • May 2009

Some very cool baggin Huntalng!!! The Title classics are good bags(not sure of the Canadian exchange rate but they are only $20 US here). I do like the action a little better on the regular Title bags (especially the yellow 8x5). The "Fighting" brand bags are pretty much the same as the regular Title (maybe a touch heavier). And the Pro-Mex bags are really well built but they are on the heavy side, Everlast and Ringside(Top Contender) has some cool stuff too............ I also must say everyone should check out Huntalng's Youtube channel, He is also a very accomplished skateboarder!!! I think with his coordination and natural skills, bagging will come very easy for this guy!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Feb 2010

Cool first video! Looks like you've got off to a flying start. Good luck with choosing your next bag, you've come to the best place for friendly advice and baggin' inspiration

Look forward to seeing more videos

Comment

• TheAsianBagger
                            • Sep 2010

what a friendly forum

thnx for all the help guys im gunna hold off on getting a new bag for a little and just practice on mine for now i might pick up an everlast inyl seeing as i can get one for like $10 from a friend. if i dont like it it can always just be a back up bag of some sort but in my opinion this century bag sucks lol.

buyt yet again thnx for all of the help guys

Thnx from
                            TheAsianBagger

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah, lookin' good dude! You'll get better rebound too by deflating the bag a bit. Otherwise, keep on baggin' bro! It only get better and better!
                              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...