X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I gotta give credit where it is due.....Great job!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

GREAT VIDEO of your FANTASTIC speedball skills!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
      First of a big thumbs up to this wonderful forum and everyone here who makes it what it is. I had a difficult summer and haven't been able to go to the boxing gym since June. I haven't done a lot of speedbagging either, but keeping in touch with the forum over the past few months was a positive thing.

The good news is that I'm doing a lot better now - the gym will have to wait a while, but at least I can get back under the board. So here to celebrate is a little video.

I've been short on stamina so have been working on new techniques instead. Inspired by you baggers out there, and just seeing what I can do. For some reason the original audio turned out a constant hissing sound so had to swop it with a youtube track to add sound. Thanks to those who have already posted a comment on youtube!

Oh, nearly forgot...! The plastic everalast swivel has the metal ball in it, custom made by fingers from a tiny door knob!! Works really well, so can't see me going back to the plastic ball any time soon.

WooHoo! What impressive skills, Mrs. Mitts! Everyone else has said it all. You're amazing. And, you've been under the weather this past summer? I must say, the speedball must have been therapeutic for you. You certainly do your homework, sister! And, it has paid off, for sure! You RULE in the double-bump punching! And the reverse fist rolls. And the cool clenched fist punching at the end.

Enjoyed every second of this video. I love the film noir look to it. And the music fit perfectly. I must say (from an artistic viewpoint), it even had a seductive allure ... the dramatic lighting, a mysterious, skillful woman in the semi-shadows, wearing gloves and finessing the heck out of that ball! I know I come up with some weird observations (forgive me), but it made me think of an old Bacall & Bogart flick... the one where she asks "Steve" if he can whistle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrUsfyVmeKg

Yeah... he can whistle, all right. ... but, can he punch a bag?

Oh, and I must admit, I have bag envy! That Lonsdale Peanut bag is gorgeous! I wonder if they're sold in the USA...
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

Brilliant!
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Amazing job, Niki. Great routine, nice control and variety of punching. You have become an accomplished bagger.

Just thinking out loud, but over the past two years, folks on this forum have put up some great vids, showcasing their skills. Hats off to all of you.

I better get off my "dupa" and start hitting again. Thnaks for the incentive.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Amazing job, Niki. Great routine, nice control and variety of punching. You have become an accomplished bagger.

Just thinking out loud, but over the past two years, folks on this forum have put up some great vids, showcasing their skills. Hats off to all of you.

I better get off my "dupa" and start hitting again. Thnaks for the incentive.
            YES! Would love to see some fresh Biff vids! You're more skilled than many of us here due to the challenge of a diminutive workout room! One mis-hit, and your elbow meets up with the freezer!
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

She had me at haroooo speed bag! Nice bumps at the end.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Wow!!! Mrs Mitts, I am very impressed, you have come a long, long way. The elbow stuff is amazing.

Still haven't had chance to sort my corner out. House is a mess at the moment with work in progress. Our bedroom and my corner has become one big storage space.

Comment

• davidwillson
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                  Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do we have a SERIOUS bagger on our hands? I am in amazement!! Great GRADE A+ Baggin!! Loving the front reverse switch hit as well as the double elbow bumps. 2 of my FAVS!! Definatly looks to me like your gettin very SKUNKY on the bag!!!

BAG ON BAG SISTA
                  OMG!!! Awesome stuff!!! You and MsDee are an inspiration to women baggers

Comment

• StevieMac
                    • Oct 2010

Amazing Mrs Mitts. You look SO fluid with your movements. You make it look effortless.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

First of a big thumbs up to this wonderful forum and everyone here who makes it what it is. I had a difficult summer and haven't been able to go to the boxing gym since June. I haven't done a lot of speedbagging either, but keeping in touch with the forum over the past few months was a positive thing.

The good news is that I'm doing a lot better now - the gym will have to wait a while, but at least I can get back under the board. So here to celebrate is a little video.

I've been short on stamina so have been working on new techniques instead. Inspired by you baggers out there, and just seeing what I can do. For some reason the original audio turned out a constant hissing sound so had to swop it with a youtube track to add sound. Thanks to those who have already posted a comment on youtube!

Oh, nearly forgot...! The plastic everalast swivel has the metal ball in it, custom made by fingers from a tiny door knob!! Works really well, so can't see me going back to the plastic ball any time soon.

Were you listening to the music as you punched? The speed tracks. I like this video. Kinda a mix between Humphrey Bogart, spy, action adventure and silent movie all in one.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                        Wow!!! Mrs Mitts, I am very impressed, you have come a long, long way. The elbow stuff is amazing.

Still haven't had chance to sort my corner out. House is a mess at the moment with work in progress. Our bedroom and my corner has become one big storage space.
                        Thanks UK, hope your work is going OK! We are sharing our house with builders for the next six weeks so speedbagging time is going to be a bit erratic for me as well.

Originally posted by davidwillson View Post
                        OMG!!! Awesome stuff!!! You and MsDee are an inspiration to women baggers
                        Thank you, you know if it wasn't for MsDee, I myself probably wouldn't have become involved with the forum. And then, what would I have been missing!

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                        Amazing Mrs Mitts. You look SO fluid with your movements. You make it look effortless.
                        Thanks StevieMac!

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                        Were you listening to the music as you punched? The speed tracks. I like this video. Kinda a mix between Humphrey Bogart, spy, action adventure and silent movie all in one.
                        Well, no actually! I'm not great at punch drumming at all at the moment and although I listen to music a lot, I don't usually when I practise. So far all the videos I've made just have the audio of the bag itself. When the sound failed to record on this one I was reluctant to abandon it so chose a track from the youtube stock list that you can add to videos. In the end I really liked how it turned out!

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Thanks UK, hope your work is going OK! We are sharing our house with builders for the next six weeks so speedbagging time is going to be a bit erratic for me as well.

Thank you, you know if it wasn't for MsDee, I myself probably wouldn't have become involved with the forum. And then, what would I have been missing!

Thanks StevieMac!

Well, no actually! I'm not great at punch drumming at all at the moment and although I listen to music a lot, I don't usually when I practise. So far all the videos I've made just have the audio of the bag itself. When the sound failed to record on this one I was reluctant to abandon it so chose a track from the youtube stock list that you can add to videos. In the end I really liked how it turned out!

So do I, nice mood lighting.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...