• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

week 7 progress

trying to upload week 7 progress...bare with me!
    Last edited by jumpcannon; 08-31-2010, 11:28 AM. Reason: messed up...trying to delete
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Promex 8x5, everlast u-bolt. Been practicing for about 7 weeks now. still got a long way to go!

ok....i think i got it...but how do you get the clip on here instead of the lettering? lol...i am not computer genius!
    Last edited by jumpcannon; 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM. Reason: because i am retarded with computers!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Joe
      • May 2010

Good work dude!! Wk 7 !?!?! you gotta be kiddin' me. I really need to go practice...
      Last edited by Joe; 08-30-2010, 01:58 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Joe View Post
        Good work dude!! Wk 7 !?!?! you gotta be kiddin' me. I really need to go practice...
        i had the basic rhythm down from 20 years ago when i was 15yrs old. started hitting again after the 4th of july weekend and hit at least an hour a day for the first month...lol, i have the addiction! Mailman just delivered the speedbag bible and an advanced disk! but i gotta go to my girlfiends this evening...lol, i should break plans with her speedbag instead! JK
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Very nice! Hard to believe you've only been at it for 7 weeks! I like that swivel, too.

It's easy to embed the youtube video. But, you just have to know how to do the code. All you need from the youtube coding is the information that comes right after the = symbol. You have to type the words youtube at the beginning (making sure to enclose the words with bracket symbols), then insert your 8-9 letter youtube code, and then to complete the command, you must type a backslash / and the words youtube again, inside brackets. I've attached a jpg as a sample to show you how to type it up. I hope this helps.
          Attached Files
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• SpeedKilz
            • Dec 2009

I love that bag! It's my favorite out of all the ones I have.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
              i had the basic rhythm down from 20 years ago when i was 15yrs old. started hitting again after the 4th of july weekend and hit at least an hour a day for the first month...lol, i have the addiction! Mailman just delivered the speedbag bible and an advanced disk! but i gotta go to my girlfiends this evening...lol, i should break plans with her speedbag instead! JK
              20 years ago at 15, so that makes you 35. I started back in 77 and laid off until the last couple of years but am just now getting into the fancy stuff. But at 53 I don't call it practice I call it rehabilitation. Got to go soak in the tub now.

Comment

• Bruce
                • Dec 2009

Looks great, man... that's a solid setup you've got. I like the spin you incorporated into your routine. One of these days, I'll have to give that a go. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  Looks great, man... that's a solid setup you've got. I like the spin you incorporated into your routine. One of these days, I'll have to give that a go. Keep up the good work!
                  thanks bro! i built that setup cause i have a lower ceiling height. it turned out really well and its solid!
                  evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's very , very , very good for week 7!!! You must practice a lot. Great spin in there too.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      That's very , very , very good for week 7!!! You must practice a lot. Great spin in there too.
                      thanks man. I built my setup and started hitting when i got back from 4th of july vacation. put in at least an hour a day 7 days a week for 1st month (my hands were KILLING me!!!!!!!) I was getting very very FRUSTURATED!!! Almost said to the hell with it. Then things started coming together around week 5. I gotta clean up on my hitting and i am now working on front roll (which is giving me a hard time) and some elbow work. So i think progress is gonna slow down some. I am gonna keep posting vids about once a month to show progress. Maybe at least i can be a beginner helping beginners.
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Hey jumpcannon, that's impressive stuff! All that practice has paid off and I'm sure you'll be tackling even more ambitious moves in no time. I have to practice more!!

Your setup is very nice too, looks like you've got zero vibration in that platform, it has a real good percussive sound to it.

Look forward to your next video!

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                          Hey jumpcannon, that's impressive stuff! All that practice has paid off and I'm sure you'll be tackling even more ambitious moves in no time. I have to practice more!!

Your setup is very nice too, looks like you've got zero vibration in that platform, it has a real good percussive sound to it.

Look forward to your next video!
                          well thank u mrs mitts!
                          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

jumpcannon with spinning elbows after week 7!? NICE!!! Is your name a reference to your "cannons"? great vid and setup. I see you're a U-bolt user as well, I just started with the U-bolt this summer. I'm still working out side hitting on it (when I actually get to hit lol).Your practice has paid off!! Looking great!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                              thanks man. I built my setup and started hitting when i got back from 4th of july vacation. put in at least an hour a day 7 days a week for 1st month (my hands were KILLING me!!!!!!!) I was getting very very FRUSTURATED!!!
                              I think the hands will acclimate to it (assuming you don't have too much air in the bag). An acquaintance of mine recently took up bagging and commented on this as well "is it normal for your hands to hurt?" - the answer is it shouldn't , at least once your hands get used to it. I can punch for hours and my hands don't hurt at all. Elbow tendinitis and impinged shoulder are a whole 'nother matter, but ICE is NICE

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...