• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

SPEED B.A.G. 2010 - Speed Bag Jam

Brian Tichy (Whitesnake), JD (Black Label Society), and Alan Kahn (Speed Bag Bible) get together and JAM!

This was definitely a high light of the event. This is only part 1 of 6, more to come, it takes a while to upload.
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

I can't believe I missed this! That was amazing as well as Brian playing the speedbag.

I hope we can do this every year from here on out!

Great job guys look forward to more videos!

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Brilliant!! what a moment what a memory!! i will get there one year

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

How Could I?

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
        I can't believe I missed this! That was amazing as well as Brian playing the speedbag.

I hope we can do this every year from here on out!

Great job guys look forward to more videos!
        I'm sick about missing this jam session too...

... and I was there! Stupid me. I left to check in to my hotel. Man, talk about poor timing.

Great video recording of this historical event, Tim.

Alan, you were in the groove with the other musicians. Soooooooo coooooooooooooool !!!

Do what you gotta do, Sparrky, to ensure your attendance next year. ... even it you have to run away from home and hobo across the country on freight trains to get there.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Ditto. I went out to get a wall charger for my iPhone. When I came back, it was all over.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            I'm sick about missing this jam session too...

... and I was there! Stupid me. I left to check in to my hotel. Man, talk about poor timing.

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
            Ditto. I went out to get a wall charger for my iPhone. When I came back, it was all over.
            Apologies that you all missed it. Next year will be better structured. Not to the point of stifling the creative juices, but at least a rough agenda so you'll know when NOT to leave

Do what you gotta do, Sparrky, to ensure your attendance next year. ... even it you have to run away from home and hobo across the country on freight trains to get there.
            I think many people will echo this sentiment. Start saving now for next year if you have to.

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Definitely a highlight of the gathering. AK punched to several songs, without missing a punch or a beat. A pure joy to listen to and watch.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                Definitely a highlight of the gathering. AK punched to several songs, without missing a punch or a beat. A pure joy to listen to and watch.
                Somehow we let Tichy get away without punching to a song (at least without getting it on video)... oops. We should have had him do a live performance of Rainbow in the Dark. D'oh !!!!!!! Oh well,I keep saying this, but there really wasn't enough time to do everything we wanted to do!

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Somehow we let Tichy get away without punching to a song (at least without getting it on video)... oops. We should have had him do a live performance of Rainbow in the Dark. D'oh !!!!!!! Oh well,I keep saying this, but there really wasn't enough time to do everything we wanted to do!
                  Tim, it was a whirlwind, a tornado, a cyclone of happenings. Who was thinking about anything? We were just enjoying the moment. But you're right, it would have been cool for Brian to do some punch drumming as well.

Next year for sure. Who knows, maybe Dee and Jack will be punch drumming too.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    OK, I was ready! I wanted to rock it.. That is what I do best, and not many baggers do it in time. When I do freestyle, I am completely smoked by some of the others and I try to do too much improv. I like Rattler's stle cuz he keep the FCPs going and puts in others punches one by one always going back to FCP stuff... I guess when you watch Skunk and Alan, you want to imitate their level, but I aint' there...
                    Anyhow, I wasn't about to go, "hey guys, everyone stop and watch me bag to Dio!"....haha... the hang was great, the vid is on youtube and I still jammed drums with AK and vertical bag/drummed!

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

All I can say is WOW!!!! The talent level is through the roof on this one. An actual full on jam session with the Speed Bag as a legit musical instrument!! This is obviously next level stuff!! And to think you guys are just scratching the surface of the possibilities!!!

Comment

• Waldo
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jun 2010

Nice to hear it went well!

Hey guys, it's Shawn...I have no idea why I haven't been on here before now, but Im glad the B.A.G. Jam went well. I hope you found good use for the box I sent. Tim, Skunk, Brian.....hit me up! Big news!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Waldo View Post
                          Hey guys, it's Shawn...I have no idea why I haven't been on here before now, but Im glad the B.A.G. Jam went well. I hope you found good use for the box I sent. Tim, Skunk, Brian.....hit me up! Big news!
                          I love the Atomic Bags! They look and feel great!
                          BAG jams are cool!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            OK, I was ready! I wanted to rock it.. That is what I do best, and not many baggers do it in time. ...
                            Anyhow, I wasn't about to go, "hey guys, everyone stop and watch me bag to Dio!"....haha..
                            You could have grabbed me, I would have said it.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                            Tim, it was a whirlwind, a tornado, a cyclone of happenings. Who was thinking about anything? We were just enjoying the moment. But you're right, it would have been cool for Brian to do some punch drumming as well.

Next year for sure. Who knows, maybe Dee and Jack will be punch drumming too.
                            Agreed on all points

Originally posted by Waldo View Post
                            Welcome!!! I'm on the road for the next 3 days, I'll call you early next week I hope.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Parts 2 and 3

3 more parts yet to come...

Subscribe to "tplatt" on YouTube if you want to seem them as soon as they upload....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...