• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

more clips

Got of work a little early today and decided to play:

I raised the platform again. I think I'll lower it back to where I had it.
    sigpic
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Met, lookin' good smacking that bag around.

Looking at the 2nd vid, it appeared that the bottom of the yellow bag was about even with the bottom of your chin after you say the platform was raised. So I'm surprised you wanted to lower it again.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
      Met, lookin' good smacking that bag around.

Looking at the 2nd vid, it appeared that the bottom of the yellow bag was about even with the bottom of your chin after you say the platform was raised. So I'm surprised you wanted to lower it again.
      Thank you atgatt! The bag is actually just below my lower lip with the platform raised. As far as the platform, I'm just experimenting with what feels better for me. Watching alot of the videos here, I see most everybody has the platform pretty low and their bags are just below their chins. I'm testing the control factor. With the platform lower, I feel like I'm more at eye level and a bit more natural versus tilting my head back and raising my arms higher.
      Last edited by metaldad; 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

MD,
        Great stuff. In the first video, what are you doing at 1:54? Never saw that before. In the second video, you got those I-SES really happening. Most of the time when I do one, my tempo drags. It's like I don't get enough power on the I-SES, so whatever my next hit is falls a little behind the beat. I guess I need more metronome time. I just started to work on the side punches yesterday. Needless to say, my side split fists are not looking anything like yours yet. Still pretty much uncontrolled.

Enjoyed both vids. Gotta go. You make me want to work on my elbows.

Comment

• RochesterDave
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jul 2008

Beautiful bagging, Metaldad! How about some Jackyl mixed in the background?? (just kidding, although in reading some of your posts, we grew up with and love that type of music)

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
            MD,
            Great stuff. In the first video, what are you doing at 1:54? Never saw that before. In the second video, you got those I-SES really happening. Most of the time when I do one, my tempo drags. It's like I don't get enough power on the I-SES, so whatever my next hit is falls a little behind the beat. I guess I need more metronome time. I just started to work on the side punches yesterday. Needless to say, my side split fists are not looking anything like yours yet. Still pretty much uncontrolled.

Enjoyed both vids. Gotta go. You make me want to work on my elbows.
            Thanks Eighty Eight. what I was attempting at 1:54 was this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5DqYh5gVoQ. Check out this guy's videos. He's pretty sick on the bag!

Originally posted by RochesterDave View Post
            Beautiful bagging, Metaldad! How about some Jackyl mixed in the background?? (just kidding, although in reading some of your posts, we grew up with and love that type of music)
            Oh man you got that right. Over the years my taste in metal got more and more extreme. I still go back to days of listening to Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers" over and over. Now it's more Cannibal Corpse and Exodus lol.
            sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...