• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Hope you like this one.

I'm still dealing with light issues for some reason. But that didn't stop me from trying some new stuff on the old bag! I also lowered my platform. I'll probably raise it back up just for comparison purposes. Hope you like!

sigpic
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yes Metaldad! You have improved greatly!
    Your elbows are solid! The rhythm is way more ....uh.... rhythmic....
    It sounds way more consistent... looks that way too....
    Nice O-TES.... outward Triple elbow Strikes....
    It is flowing so much better...
    And the lighting is fine....
    Dude, you can cruise to Target and get one of those lights on a 6 foot stand for like 7 bucks.... I have one in my garage that lights up the place whenI film...
    It makes a huge dif!
    Man I need to get some new vid goin....
    I haven't had time to dial the practice to attempt a mis hit free punch drum clip! The one I want to punch to is killer .....I can keep up the speed and all that.... but I need to work on the patterns that fit the tune!
    Anyhow....
    great job!
    BAG ON LIKE YOU"RE EATIN' SPEED BAG SHAPED BAGELS WITH A BENGAL IN BAGHDAD!!!!!!

Comment

• royalewifcheese
      • Jul 2008

nice work Metaldad,

love the ffr to rfr transition! how does that gyro bag compare to the small everlast?

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

MD, lighting is better in this vid. You're improving nicely. Looks like you spent some time on reverse punching. Good job.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Yes Metaldad! You have improved greatly!
          Your elbows are solid! The rhythm is way more ....uh.... rhythmic....
          It sounds way more consistent... looks that way too....
          Nice O-TES.... outward Triple elbow Strikes....
          It is flowing so much better...
          And the lighting is fine....
          Dude, you can cruise to Target and get one of those lights on a 6 foot stand for like 7 bucks.... I have one in my garage that lights up the place whenI film...
          It makes a huge dif!
          Man I need to get some new vid goin....
          I haven't had time to dial the practice to attempt a mis hit free punch drum clip! The one I want to punch to is killer .....I can keep up the speed and all that.... but I need to work on the patterns that fit the tune!
          Anyhow....
          great job!
          BAG ON LIKE YOU"RE EATIN' SPEED BAG SHAPED BAGELS WITH A BENGAL IN BAGHDAD!!!!!!
          Thanks Brian! I get at it when I can. Maybe I'll hit Target or Wal-Mart this W.E. Looking forward to your next punch drumming tune.

Originally posted by royalewifcheese View Post
          nice work Metaldad,

love the ffr to rfr transition! how does that gyro bag compare to the small everlast?
          Thanks RWC! I like using the Ggyro for learning and practicing new stuff. The small Evelast is a solid and fast moving bag and Ilove just trying to go balls out on it.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          MD, lighting is better in this vid. You're improving nicely. Looks like you spent some time on reverse punching. Good job.
          I'm still working on those elbows and going back and forth on my board height. Thanks Biff.
          sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Great work MD, the lighting is better.

I see you've modified your platform, was there vibration issues?

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
              I'm still dealing with light issues for some reason.
              I solved my lighting by putting a big flourescent (like for a workshop) in the garage. There was a single bulb socket. Wasn't hard to replace. Now I've got lots of light.

But that didn't stop me from trying some new stuff on the old bag! I also lowered my platform. I'll probably raise it back up just for comparison purposes. Hope you like!
              Good stuff metaldad. You really look great in the clip. Speed and power and all kinds of techniques in there. I like that alternating left-right RSP towards the end their... never though of doing that one.

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              Mmmmmmmmmm ... speed bag shaped bagels.

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
              If there was it's fixed now! That thing is SOLID!

Comment

• sparrky37
                • Jan 2010

Great baggn! I like your style of practice. I got to get me a new 4200 style bag I have one that I've retired that has some of the guys autographs on it. It is from like 1996.
                I went to Lowes and got 2 150watt clear bulbs for my garage. Definately not "Going Green" but man it is sure bright in there.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                  Great work MD, the lighting is better.

Thanks Vini. I did the modification more for noise than vibration even though there was a small issue. Pretty much solved it. Where I live is very cheaply built and I've already put too many holes in the drywall trying to find the "right" spot to hang
                  my platform.
                  Originally posted by Tim View Post

Good stuff metaldad. You really look great in the clip. Speed and power and all kinds of techniques in there. I like that alternating left-right RSP towards the end their... never though of doing that one.

Mmmmmmmmmm ... speed bag shaped bagels.

If there was it's fixed now! That thing is SOLID!
                  Thank you Tim! I'm still working on those reverse techniques as well as the I-SES! I'm with ya on the speed bag shaped bagels...yummy! The platform is pretty solid but the construction of the garage isn't. Alot of corners were cut in the building of this condo complex. Thank God I'm only renting!

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
                  Great baggn! I like your style of practice. I got to get me a new 4200 style bag I have one that I've retired that has some of the guys autographs on it. It is from like 1996.
                  I went to Lowes and got 2 150watt clear bulbs for my garage. Definately not "Going Green" but man it is sure bright in there.
                  Thanks sparrky! I really do like this bag as well as the Everlast xs. I guess I'll get off my lazy butt and get a new bulb!
                  sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...