• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Time well spent

Now that the weather is breaking, I'm getting out to the garage more and now I get to bring my son David with me more often. The last time he came out with me was right before winter. Here's a couple of clips He's got a ways to go but he'll get there.

sigpic
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Cute Kids MD, you can't start them out too early either. Could you imagine how we'd be hittin the bag, if we learned everything Alan's showed everyone, from an early age? Yeeoowwww!!! Looks like youv'e been working on the 6x4. What's that bag you started with in your 2nd vid? Also, do you utilize the "Fist directly over Fist" teqnique, while doing those reverse fist rolls? Or do you do them the way Alan does his (the chopping more from the side) teqnique? Whatever your doing, you could do it blindfolded!
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Feb 2010

That is definitely time well spent, metaldad.Looks like you were all having a lot of fun.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
        Cute Kids MD, you can't start them out too early either. Could you imagine how we'd be hittin the bag, if we learned everything Alan's showed everyone, from an early age? Yeeoowwww!!! Looks like youv'e been working on the 6x4. What's that bag you started with in your 2nd vid? Also, do you utilize the "Fist directly over Fist" teqnique, while doing those reverse fist rolls? Or do you do them the way Alan does his (the chopping more from the side) teqnique? Whatever your doing, you could do it blindfolded!
        Thanks TJ! I've been wanting to get him out with me more often but he's usually at school when I get out here, I work nights so it's mostly on the weekend when we can get together plus this winter wasn't good to have the kids in a cold garage! He loves it and I feel like I'm actually being a dad instead of the breadwinner lol! The first bag is an Everlast 6x9. It was supposed to be a 4200 but those are discontinued. I tried doing the R-Roll fist over fist but my fists keep banging into each other. It works much better using the method that Alan teaches. Out of all the techniques I've been trying, I've picked up F-Rolling and R-Rolling the quickest! I'm still working onthe I-SES. Man if I started on and stayed with the bag since my son's age, I couldn't begin to imagine where my skills would be! That goes for anyone that starts that young!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
        That is definitely time well spent, metaldad.Looks like you were all having a lot of fun.
        Thank you Mrs. Mitts! I really do want the kids out with me more! Hopefully I'll be able to help them improve and film their progress!
        Last edited by metaldad; 03-29-2010, 08:42 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hey MD that's great, wish my kids were more interested in the bag. That is indeed time well spent. You are the R-ROLL MASTER !!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...