• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

more metaldad madness

I was in a rush when I put these two together. The first clip was on the Everlast xs and the second was on the 6x9. I'm also trying some hip hop on clip one and testing for a good spot to place my boombox(again). The song is from the "Ghost Dog Way of The Samurai" Great film!! The Hagakure is also a highly recommended read! Clip 2...bring the metal or hardcore to be precise....Sworn Enemy is the band. THEY RULE!!!!!!!

Last edited by metaldad; 03-17-2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling and had more text to add
    sigpic
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Brother! You're looking real Smoooooth. You can really lay down some "SERIOUS"
    reverse rolls. Everythings looking good. Sounds like your into some Heavy Stuff! (Hence the name "METALDAD"). I've been working on a couple things (punch drumming) but need a little more basic practice, just to halfway pull them off. I'm gonna try and put out a vid sometime soon! Thanks for posting your vids, they're always inspiring to me.
    Keep em' commin'. "Where There Is Speedbaggin', There is Life". Easy Brother.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• deano
      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

no need to put a fan on when you can get the reverse fist roll rev'n like that
      Metal.keep punch'n and posting big fella.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
        Hey Brother! You're looking real Smoooooth. You can really lay down some "SERIOUS"
        reverse rolls. Everythings looking good. Sounds like your into some Heavy Stuff! (Hence the name "METALDAD"). I've been working on a couple things (punch drumming) but need a little more basic practice, just to halfway pull them off. I'm gonna try and put out a vid sometime soon! Thanks for posting your vids, they're always inspiring to me.
        Keep em' commin'. "Where There Is Speedbaggin', There is Life". Easy Brother.
        Thanksmy man! Yeah I love the heavy stuff....that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm still figuring what Cannibal song I want to bag to...I lost one of their cds "The Wretched Spawn" but I've been listening to "Gore Obsessed" repeatedly...we'll see what happens eh? Post one of your punch drumming vids! I'm always eager to see what someone else is into!

Originally posted by deano View Post
        no need to put a fan on when you can get the reverse fist roll rev'n like that
        Metal.keep punch'n and posting big fella.
        LMFAO! I'm trying to come up with a way to save money on my electric bills!! Hook me up to a belt attached to a turbine and let me rip!
        sigpic

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Great Reverse Roll !!! You're much better at that than I am. We'll have to start calling you hip hop dad instead of metal dad. You fall off beat a few times there, but when you're on beat, it sounds great.

You gonna come see us in Jersey?

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Met, lookin' good hittin' in your fancy gym. Hey, I like that "opera" music too.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

You got the reverse fist roll nailed! Your certainly better than I am, coming out and keeping the bag going is the most difficult bit for me, sometimes I nail it, sometimes I totally mess up! Great video's MD.

Comment

• operator3
                • Mar 2010

Lookin good Patrick!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Good stuff Metaldad!
                  Great RBB's!
                  Reverse Blast Beating!
                  I do notice you are sometimes "glazing" through the double and triple elbow strikes. Maybe try to see them as individual strikes and not just one follow through motion. I noticed because your linking is real solid. The bag sound is also solid. But when you go to the elbows it gets quieter. Maybe just try to make sure the elbow hits solid and then the fists can follow evenly.
                  Watch the Dee Pooler clips. He has so much control when slow bagging. You can really see how its done!
                  BAG ON!
                  Last edited by spinsmashpop; 03-20-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Great Reverse Roll !!! You're much better at that than I am. We'll have to start calling you hip hop dad instead of metal dad. You fall off beat a few times there, but when you're on beat, it sounds great.

Thanks Tim! Hitting to music is no easy task, especcially when your time is limited. I gotta keep at it until I can stay on beat throughout the song.That day is coming! I'm working on making it to Jersey! Keep the fingers crossed for me!

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                    You got the reverse fist roll nailed! Your certainly better than I am, coming out and keeping the bag going is the most difficult bit for me, sometimes I nail it, sometimes I totally mess up! Great video's MD.
                    Thanks Vini!

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
                    Lookin good Patrick!
                    Thanks brother!!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    Good stuff Metaldad!
                    Great RBB's!
                    Reverse Blast Beating!
                    I do notice you are sometimes "glazing" through the double and triple elbow strikes. Maybe try to see them as individual strikes and not just one follow through motion. I noticed because your linking is real solid. The bag sound is also solid. But when you go to the elbows it gets quieter. Maybe just try to make sure the elbow hits solid and then the fists can follow evenly.
                    Watch the Dee Pooler clips. He has so much control when slow bagging. You can really see how its done!
                    BAG ON!
                    Thanks Brian! I'm really having a hard time getting the IES down. I'll have to really drill that one until I'm doing it in my sleep. Yeah, spending some time with DP will do me some good!
                    sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Thanks Tim! Figured I'd try some hip hop, and I really dig this soundtrack. Hitting to music is no easy task, especcially when your time is limited. I gotta keep at it until I can stay on beat throughout the song.That day is coming! I'm working on making it to Jersey! Keep the fingers crossed for me!

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                      Thanks Vini!

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
                      Lookin good Patrick!
                      Thanks brother!!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                      Good stuff Metaldad!
                      Great RBB's!
                      Reverse Blast Beating!
                      BAG ON!
                      Thanks Brian! I'm really having a hard time getting the IES down. I'll have to really drill that one until I'm doing it in my sleep. Yeah, spending some time with DP will do me some good!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Jordan
                        • Jun 2009

Great job metal, I can see a lot of improvement. Just out of curiousity, do you plan your routine out ahead of time, or just go with whatever hits you at the moment. Personally when I hit I do a bit of both; for instance I might hit a certain song first and just do what I feel then go back and refine it to really mesh with the beat of the song, try to make it really sync up with the "melody" of the rythm. Let me know, I love your vids.

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                          Great job metal, I can see a lot of improvement. Just out of curiousity, do you plan your routine out ahead of time, or just go with whatever hits you at the moment. Personally when I hit I do a bit of both; for instance I might hit a certain song first and just do what I feel then go back and refine it to really mesh with the beat of the song, try to make it really sync up with the "melody" of the rythm. Let me know, I love your vids.
                          I usually try to plan out a routine ahead of time but it doesn't always gel. I'll have a song floating around in my head or hear something on the radio and start counting hits and rebounds to the beat. That's the easy part lol, putting it to the bag is a different story. Of course being pressed for time doesn't help either. For instance, I have about four songs that I know I want to hit to; 1 Slayer song, a Messhugah song, one from Jeff Loomis(lead guitarist for Nevermore), something from Cannibal Corpse. I see and hear myself hitting to them in my head and have tried on the bag. Most of the time I try to plan it out....the hiphop was spur of the moment cuz I really dig that particular cd.
                          Last edited by metaldad; 03-21-2010, 07:18 AM. Reason: punctuation
                          sigpic

Comment

• Geronimo
                            • Sep 2009

Love the ENERGY!

I watched these other day when you posted them( i commented on YT ), and after watching again Im feelin' the same deal after, WOW the fist rolls like you said in one your comments MD - could power a small generator, for your energy bill savings!

The intensity of your RFR and FRs makes me wanna grind on my bag bad!

Good stuff MD the vids were very enjoyable

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                              I watched these other day when you posted them( i commented on YT ), and after watching again Im feelin' the same deal after, WOW the fist rolls like you said in one your comments MD - could power a small generator, for your energy bill savings!

The intensity of your RFR and FRs makes me wanna grind on my bag bad!

Good stuff MD the vids were very enjoyable
                              Thanks brother!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...