X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Howdy BS! Cool plat! What kind of swiv do you dig?
    It's abbreviation day for me! haha...
    Post some vids and have fun baggin' !
    Let There Be Bags!

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Bsd, welcome! I hope you're getting the insight you're looking for. Your setup is looking nice. As far as bags go, Everlast and Title are the standards but in time you may want to look into other brands, I've read a lot of good feedback on Cleto Reyes bags. 9x6 is a good size bag to use. If that seems much for you starting out too much try a 10x7 or 11x8
      sigpic

Comment

• BSDeez16
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Bsd, welcome! I hope you're getting the insight you're looking for. Your setup is looking nice. As far as bags go, Everlast and Title are the standards but in time you may want to look into other brands, I've read a lot of good feedback on Cleto Reyes bags. 9x6 is a good size bag to use. If that seems much for you starting out too much try a 10x7 or 11x8
        Hey metaldad, I really dug your music videos too. Very smooth!

Just picked up a new bag today...it's an Everlast Elite - Medium size...not sure what dimensions that is. Too lazy to find my tape measure. I really like it a lot! My other bag is an Everlast 4200, but that one is leaking air like crazy and it also seems to bounce a bit funny too.

My videos are uploading and processing right now, I'll post the link as soon as they're done. One is from last night and the other is from tonight.

Comment

• BSDeez16
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2010

Here is a video the night after I set up the bag:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here is a video from tonight:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The 2nd video has my new bag. It seems to bounce back straighter than my other bag. Either that or I'm hitting it a little better...or maybe a combination of both.

I'd like to hear some pointers from you pros!
          Last edited by BSDeez16; 03-18-2010, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by BSDeez16 View Post
            The 2nd video has my new bag. It seems to bounce back straighter than my other bag. Either that or I'm hitting it a little better...or maybe a combination of both.

I'd like to hear some pointers from you pros!

Here's my thoughts. Bag is hanging a little high. It could stand to be 1-2 inches lower for you. The fat part of the bag should be at mouth/chin level. This will be critical once you start linking and putting hands through the bag to the back side and back again to the front.

RE the bag bouncing better, you'll find the bag gets better and better with practice , they actually learn to rebound better as time goes on

And of course I'm joking there, but as you learn to hit with more smoothness, consistency, and precision , the bag will indeed rebound better. I wouldn't worry too much about how good the bag is or isn't until you've put a considerable amount of time under the board working with it.

At any rate, you're off to a great start, overall that's pretty good Front Circle Punch (FCP).

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...