X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hello Century – Goodbye Century (Bag)

Well, I'm still around. But I was tiring of the big ol' Everlast bag, so I bought a Century a couple weeks ago. My knuckles are a mess now – hard bag. It could have been a combination of cold weather* and hitting on a vinyl bag that caused the abrasions, but I'm not letting it daunt me.
    Yesterday I went out and bought a softer bag! I'm practicing on an Everlast Ta:S. I like it so far. And it's definitely softer.
    I don't think I'll be working out on the Century any time soon, so I figure that I should post at least one video of me pounding on it. And that's pretty much all you're going to see on the video. I have no tricks – yet. I just enjoy hitting it to a rhythm.

(*I love my setup, but, it's on the OUTSIDE of the garage... and I'm in the soggy Pacific NW, no less!)

Last edited by MsDeville; 11-25-2009, 10:04 PM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

My first bag was a century vinyl....tough tough bag. Hard, and no rebound.

Good work with that bag though!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

(*I love my setup, but, it's on the OUTSIDE of the garage... and I'm in the soggy Pacific NW, no less!)

I feel for you MsDeville. My platform is outside, not only do my hands get cold but, the bags seem to perform a little slower too.

Nice workout, you go girl!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Good stuff. Nice, solid and even!
        BAG ON!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Century Bag

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
          My first bag was a century vinyl....tough tough bag. Hard, and no rebound.

Good work with that bag though!
          I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks so... I thought it was just me! It's pretty – but hard. And sluggish.

So, I'm totally satisfied – for now – with my newest bag, the Everlast Ta:S. Much softer and a better rebound. I'm already doing some fun stuff.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks so... I thought it was just me! It's pretty – but hard. And sluggish.
            All bags ARE NOT created equal, that's for sure. Century tends to be really low end stuff. I prefer softer bags as well, I don't like to wrap hands or wear gloves.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yesterday I went out and bought a softer bag! I'm practicing on an Everlast Ta:S. I like it so far. And it's definitely softer.
              I don't think I'll be working out on the Century any time soon, so I figure that I should post at least one video of me pounding on it. And that's pretty much all you're going to see on the video. I have no tricks – yet. I just enjoy hitting it to a rhythm.
              Nothing wrong with that! You will find that this sport is a lot easier on the hands if you mix it up with some straight punches , elbows, reverse punches, etc. It all comes with time. My hands hurt much less (not at all really) now that I do a wide variety of strikes in any given workout.

Anyways, looks great and keep us posted !!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...