• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Psycho SpeedBaggers PG:13

Song has some Curse words in it so reminded to our younger viewers. PG:13
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yeeeeeeeeeah! Great job skunk ! Bet you never seen this - ha good one. Great slideshow at the end.

Awesome sound track as well, Brian - that's the world wide debut of that track, right?

What a great way to remember a day that was such a great experience for all involved!

Very well done.

I've inlined the video here:

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

THAT RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the name of the band? definitely has the Pantera influence going. You brothers definitely have the skills. Well with Skunk in the room you better amp it up!! Nicely done. That had to be such a fun day. Especially putting that video together.
      sigpic

Comment

• RochesterDave
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jul 2008

Very nice, guys - all 3 of you!! Can't wait to join in on the forum's latest trend....meeting up with fellow baggers! I'm in Rochester, NY should a bagger or 2 be passing by.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          THAT RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the name of the band? definitely has the Pantera influence going. You brothers definitely have the skills. Well with Skunk in the room you better amp it up!! Nicely done. That had to be such a fun day. Especially putting that video together.
          Thanks Metaldad!
          Yeah, that is a demo...and I mean demo... of the first song of the band "Speed Bag Dragon" I intended on starting this year before rejoining Foreigner.
          The title Psyched To be Psycho is what got it all going. It sounded heavy but humorous. Sorry for the curse words guys, it just seemed to fit the vibe of the craziness of the song. I sent it to Skunk to possible use to come out to in his fight on 9.5. But being that is a demo, I wanted to touch it up for real a bit. There is no guitar solo yet, and the vocals were done one night as a trial; trying to figure out a proper style for this new project.
          I am playing everything in this song. My bass player, Michael Devin hasn't gotten around to redoing my bass. Anyhow, I like the song. Michael and I worked up the lyrics melodies and arrangement together. We have a bunch more ideas and they are all pretty much on the heavy side. I really don't want to sing but it is hard to find the right guy. I would rather just be playing guitar..... Hey Skunk.....you look like a rock star.... can you sing/scream????!!! You got the energy!!!!
          Anyhow.... I knew Skunk was gong to put this to a vid and didn't want to hold it up as he is a determined, focused man!
          Soooo .... I do look forward to getting this band together. But free time is something I don't have much of! But it doesn't hurt to get a little feedback from some people while it's in its formative stages!!!
          Skunk did a great job! Great ideas and editing!!!!
          BAG ON!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            Thanks Metaldad!
            Yeah, that is a demo...and I mean demo... of the first song of the band "Speed Bag Dragon" I intended on starting this year before rejoining Foreigner.
            Sounds great Brian. I look forward to the finished product.

The title Psyched To be Psycho is what got it all going. It sounded heavy but humorous. Sorry for the curse words guys, it just seemed to fit the vibe of the craziness of the song. I sent it to Skunk to possible use to come out to in his fight on 9.5. But being that is a demo, I wanted to touch it up for real a bit. There is no guitar solo yet, and the vocals were done one night as a trial; trying to figure out a proper style for this new project.
            It's heavy all right, high energy for sure.

That was a real good idea skunk had, editing all the footage of us together. The man is a video editing master.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Awesome sound track as well, Brian - that's the world wide debut of that track, right?
              Yes, it is. And although I would normally never have put this out in its current demo state, I figured it is decent enough to be background music for Skunk's newest vid.
              And it wasn't really intended to have anything to do with psychotic baggers! But when Skunk mentioned to me that he was looking for a song to come out to his fights with, this sort of made sense in a strangely perfect way!
              I sent him this mp3 and there ya have it.
              I do wish it was not in the demo state it is in when being put on the internet, but hey, life's short. I'll get it together soon when the song will be featured, not just support music! Thanks for diggin' it.
              And I may have revisited the the whole "curse word" thing for this type of usage. At the time, it just seemed to add impact how little the character cares about anything, except being psycho! Not money, fame, women, respect, love, religion, trust, or anything.... just the the simple fact that he is psyched to be psycho! Haha...
              You can't get crazier than having zero reason to get crazy other than the release it creates! And that to me made for a powerful metal song!

Comment

• Jordan
                • Jun 2009

Very cool vid, I especially like the "3-way" punches and elbow strikes.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great video, great song, great mix, and most of all, great bagging. to all three of you guys.

At the Speed BAG 2010, maybe we can go for a Guinness Book of World Records for most consecutive 4-way punches by X amount of baggers.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    At the Speed BAG 2010, maybe we can go for a Guinness Book of World Records for most consecutive 4-way punches by X amount of baggers.
                    Haha, we talked about that! We theorized that with enough skilled baggers you could get an endless 4-way strike going on , with enough people to loop back and hit the bag again Something to shoot for anyway ... we didn't quite get the 3 man 4-way elbow strike where we wanted it, maybe next time.

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

just a great vid...dont know what else to say!
                      ________
                      DivineHotBody
                      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Hey SMP is that main riff in D or Dropped D?
                        sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey SMP is that main riff in D or Dropped D?
                          Wow.... here we are at the Speed Bag Forum talking about odd tunings for rock guitar! Hahaha!
                          It is a Drop C tuning. But not a full Drop C. The low E goes down to C. The A goes down to G. The rest of the guitar is standard 440 tuning. That way you can play low heavy riffs and solo up a storm without much thought to an odd open tuning.
                          RIFF ON!

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Wow.... here we are at the Speed Bag Forum talking about odd tunings for rock guitar! Hahaha!
                            It is a Drop C tuning. But not a full Drop C. The low E goes down to C. The A goes down to G. The rest of the guitar is standard 440 tuning. That way you can play low heavy riffs and solo up a storm without much thought to an odd open tuning.
                            RIFF ON!
                            Thanks dude! Ya know after listening to the track again, I realize that your vocals sound a bit like Jon Bush (Anthrax/Armored Saint), it's amazing the direction we sometimes take here at the forum hahahaha
                            sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Thanks dude! Ya know after listening to the track again, I realize that your vocals sound a bit like Jon Bush (Anthrax/Armored Saint), it's amazing the direction we sometimes take here at the forum hahahaha
                              Wow... thanks.... Jon Bush is a great singer. I wish I had his ability.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...