• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag Truck at the Ohio State Fair!

Jordan came out to the Ohio State Fair and we spent hours baggin'! He and his friends Josh and Ashley were real cool. Jordan has got the basics happening and is putting in the time.
    It's always cool to hang with people that have the same strange fascination with the bag that I have. I start to think I am partially warped as I look at all the clips and time I've put in. But then again, I look at The Skunk and Alan Kahn and realize I am warped, but that has nothing to do with the bag! There is obviously something about the bag that attracts people to it.
    I don't have time to figure it out, so I just accept it and try to get my accuracy and combos tighter! I'M ON THE BAGWAY TO HELL! BAGWAY TO HELL!!!!! HAHAHA
    Attached Files
  • deano
    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

speedbag truck

seems like its a mobile clinic for punch drunk speedbagers. top stuff
    Brian and Jordan.hope the truck comes down under one day.
    Last edited by deano; 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Dicecedes
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2009

Looks like you had a good time!

Can't wait until the truck rolls back to Cali. Not sure what it sounds like "live" but that sound it off the hook in the video.

I should be getting a metal ball hook within the week.

Glad you two were able to hook up.

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

awesome vid and Jordan probably learned alot just in that one session...also i cud be wrong but im pretty sure if you keep your hand loose like that there is a higher risk of hand injury.
        ________
        Roll a joint
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          awesome vid and Jordan probably learned alot just in that one session...also i cud be wrong but im pretty sure if you keep your hand loose like that there is a higher risk of hand injury.
          Yes Kyle, I agree. I mentioned it to Jordan because there will be a time when you want to go faster and also keep it all in control. An open-handed technique would seem to invite injury as well as make it harder to progress. The combos of advanced techniques require accuracy you can really only get when you allow room between your arms, hands and fingers. Jordan is in the first couple months of bagging so it is the perfect time to take a step back, and get the fists a bit tighter.
          I wasn't going to get all into that with him as we were having some fun meeting as bag brothers and stuff. But to me, things I'd show him I've worked on would seem difficult with open hands. So it is one thing to slow down, but another to "hit" the bag. Tightened wrists are key when getting the basics solid.
          Also, I started on a bigger Gyro bag. I know we all love the smaller bags but they are faster and lighter. The bigger bags help beginners because they move a little slower, they have a larger "target/sweet spot" to focus on and this creates a more well paced atmosphere when getting into the advanced stuff. I am glad I bagged for months on bigger bags in the beginning.
          And lastly, I want to be able to turn it on when I want to. To do that you need to dig in and use more power. I always take some time to do the basic boxer style punches for 1 -3 minutes solid. That is a challenge unto itself and it's fun to be able to see if you can power an alternating FCP for more than a minute without messing up. Or the "pulling rope over the shoulder" type pattern. And with that said, I present you with an awesome clip from Stacy "Stay Lo" Reille.
          Jordan..I am not trying to come down on you at all. You are obviously into the bag a whole bunch and I hope you progress quickly and show us all with some new clips. But I also hope you consider "fisting up" so when the patterns you are practicing get easier and easier, you will be able to lay into the bag and get that thing flying... without trashing your wrists!!! BAG ON!!!!

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Jordan, looks like you were having a great time in the truck. Listen to the words of experience and tighten up the fists. Brian, nice job finishing up the last seconds of the clip.

Also, that truck seems to have "grown" a little longer. Was that due to more musical or baggin' equipment?

Comment

• Jordan
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              Jordan..I am not trying to come down on you at all. You are obviously into the bag a whole bunch and I hope you progress quickly and show us all with some new clips. But I also hope you consider "fisting up" so when the patterns you are practicing get easier and easier, you will be able to lay into the bag and get that thing flying... without trashing your wrists!!! BAG ON!!!!
              No not at all bro, I appreciate all the advice anyone can give me, and had a great time in the truck. I've been workin on it a lot actually. Thanks again bud.

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Yes Kyle, I agree. I mentioned it to Jordan because there will be a time when you want to go faster and also keep it all in control. An open-handed technique would seem to invite injury as well as make it harder to progress. The combos of advanced techniques require accuracy you can really only get when you allow room between your arms, hands and fingers. Jordan is in the first couple months of bagging so it is the perfect time to take a step back, and get the fists a bit tighter.
                I wasn't going to get all into that with him as we were having some fun meeting as bag brothers and stuff. But to me, things I'd show him I've worked on would seem difficult with open hands. So it is one thing to slow down, but another to "hit" the bag. Tightened wrists are key when getting the basics solid.
                Also, I started on a bigger Gyro bag. I know we all love the smaller bags but they are faster and lighter. The bigger bags help beginners because they move a little slower, they have a larger "target/sweet spot" to focus on and this creates a more well paced atmosphere when getting into the advanced stuff. I am glad I bagged for months on bigger bags in the beginning.
                And lastly, I want to be able to turn it on when I want to. To do that you need to dig in and use more power. I always take some time to do the basic boxer style punches for 1 -3 minutes solid. That is a challenge unto itself and it's fun to be able to see if you can power an alternating FCP for more than a minute without messing up. Or the "pulling rope over the shoulder" type pattern. And with that said, I present you with an awesome clip from Stacy "Stay Lo" Reille.

Ya know I kinda got away from the basics trying to learn fist rolling and elbow strikes, and reverse strikes......Time to get back to the drawing board....er um bag lol. I also "lost" my Everlast 11X10 a while ago. Hmmm..........maybe I'll pick up another one and use for learning new techniques. Stacy looks good, her fights are even better. Man is she QUICK!!

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                No not at all bro, I appreciate all the advice anyone can give me, and had a great time in the truck. I've been workin on it a lot actually. Thanks again bud.
                Glad you had a blast at the truck Jordan. Looked like it. Keep at it, it only gets better.
                sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...