• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Tid Bits and Snippets

Hello All, Just tryin to figure out the new cam. Here's a few clips for now.
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

"Tid bits and snippets" is a funny name!

The name of your clip sounds like something from Martha Stewart or the last track of a Yes or ELP album! haha...
    Anyhow.....
    Yeah Baggist! That's killer! I commented to you on my space but this worth a double! You got great moves!
    Sounds like some old Meshuggah in the background? No?
    How long have you been baggin!
    Veni, vidi, baggi!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

New cam footage looks great! You'll find the key with these cameras is to have plenty of light, the picture just gets better and better.

Looks like you have an awesome arsenal of moves, was that some advanced elbow I saw in there? i.e. the stutter elbow? Awesome speed too, you've got that bag moving at an incredible speed.

Great stuff. The under the board shots really help show what's going on.

What size bag is that?

Comment

• The Baggist
        Vert Baggin' Master
        • May 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        The name of your clip sounds like something from Martha Stewart or the last track of a Yes or ELP album! haha...
        Anyhow.....
        Yeah Baggist! That's killer! I commented to you on my space but this worth a double! You got great moves!
        Sounds like some old Meshuggah in the background? No?
        How long have you been baggin!
        Veni, vidi, baggi!
        BAG ON!
        What!!! Your not into Martha B.T..........MANY THANKS again SSP!!!! At the end that was actually old Sepultura........I've had a bag up for about 3 years. Learned the basics. I would have times where I would get into it for a while and there were times where it would set for months untouched, but since the start of the year I've been ADDICTED and I won't go to REHAB!!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by Tim View Post
        New cam footage looks great! You'll find the key with these cameras is to have plenty of light, the picture just gets better and better.

Looks like you have an awesome arsenal of moves, was that some advanced elbow I saw in there? i.e. the stutter elbow? Awesome speed too, you've got that bag moving at an incredible speed.

Great stuff. The under the board shots really help show what's going on.

What size bag is that?
        Tim I need all the video production help I can get. I've read the (how to create and post vid) section but your vids are so sharp and clear. I'll add more light but what format are you transfering to Youtube with, I'm the only person on earth who still has dial-up so I probably can't transfer HIGH QUALITY or HD vids so I'll have to step that up.......... as far as the moves go I'm not so great at breaking them down or writing them out yet. I'll need help with that also!!!...........I only really recently started picking up the speed. I do a lot of work on those tiny Rival bags which have almost no momentum so to really keep them going you have hit fast and accurate, If you can keep that bag going all others are easy.... The bag I used in most of these clips is the Everlast 6x4...another favorite.........Thank you again TIM

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
          What!!! Your not into Martha B.T..........MANY THANKS again SSP!!!! At the end that was actually old Sepultura........I've had a bag up for about 3 years. Learned the basics. I would have times where I would get into it for a while and there were times where it would set for months untouched, but since the start of the year I've been ADDICTED and I won't go to REHAB!!!!!!!!
          Baggist....
          I like the lighting in your clips. Yes, it could use a bit more light but they have cool shadows and a cool auburn-ish hue about them....
          Looks all pro-like....
          And... Sepultura.... cool. I never got into them. I love Pantera, old Metallica, Meshuggah, Gojira, SOD, old Anthrax, and Superjoint Ritual...
          I'm working on a metal clip now!
          BAG ON!
          Attached Files

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Baggist....
            I like the lighting in your clips. Yes, it could use a bit more light but they have cool shadows and a cool auburn-ish hue about them....
            Looks all pro-like....
            And... Sepultura.... cool. I never got into them. I love Pantera, old Metallica, Meshuggah, Gojira, SOD, old Anthrax, and Superjoint Ritual...
            I'm working on a metal clip now!
            BAG ON!
            Yeah SSP I love all that old metal stuff too, I had meant to tell you in my last reply that I can't wait for you to bust out with some new punch drumming vids. I've been watching some of Alan's punch drumming vids trying to pick up on some of the techniques. It's mind boggling at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thats an awesome snare collection you have there!!!! Some How I picture you putting a KICK drum under your board for some reason............p.s. that bag looks like its in big trouble in that pic.........looks like your about to GO METAL ON IT!!!!!!!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
              Yeah SSP I love all that old metal stuff too, I had meant to tell you in my last reply that I can't wait for you to bust out with some new punch drumming vids. I've been watching some of Alan's punch drumming vids trying to pick up on some of the techniques. It's mind boggling at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thats an awesome snare collection you have there!!!! Some How I picture you putting a KICK drum under your board for some reason............p.s. that bag looks like its in big trouble in that pic.........looks like your about to GO METAL ON IT!!!!!!!!
              Hey Baggist! Yeah, check out my 4/4 KIK LIK #1 clip. that is the first thing I ever posted. You can't see it but I am keeping time with my right foot on my kik pedal hitting a box. After that, I put a snare and kik drum under the board and filmed "Speed Bag In The Rain". It's a simple punch, but I use the drum as a part of an actual drum beat!
              And I am trying to finish a few punch drumming clips to some metal now before I leave on tour. I tried last night to a long song and it wasn't gelling....
              BAG ON!

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

Hey Baggist! Yeah, check out my 4/4 KIK LIK #1 clip. that is the first thing I ever posted. You can't see it but I am keeping time with my right foot on my kik pedal hitting a box. After that, I put a snare and kik drum under the board and filmed "Speed Bag In The Rain". It's a simple punch, but I use the drum as a part of an actual drum beat!
                And I am trying to finish a few punch drumming clips to some metal now before I leave on tour. I tried last night to a long song and it wasn't gelling....
                BAG ON!

Man SSP looks like I need to dig back in the archives, this is TIGHT!!!!!!! its funny though cause it's exactly what I pictured. Sick Grooves!!!!! MORE!!! MORE!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...