• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HRC51ED
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2006

my set-up

this is my set up consisting of the top contender adjustable speed bag platform. as you can see it is weighted down with 60 pounds of olympic weights, tied down with a rubber cable. those weights aren't going anywhere. in the other photos you can see the heavy bag stand by century. the century also came with a speed bag platform, which i got rid of, a long time ago, nordic trac treadmill, and a weight bench. on the opposite side of the garage is a double endbag platform. and my pride and joy, the glove case and pics autographed by manny pacquiao, luisito espinosa, and brian viloria
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HRC51ED; 09-28-2006, 02:52 PM.
  • o0obruceleeo0o
    • Sep 2006

Do you stand on that little platform when you hit the speed bag? It seems a little crowded to me. It also doesn't look like theres much room for a good heavybag workout.

Comment

• HRC51ED
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2006

The Platform Is For My Son, So That Way I Don't Have To Keep Adjusting The Height Of The Speed Bag And Going To All The Trouble Of Taking Off And Putting On The Weights. When Doing Heavy Bag Work, The Stand Gets Moved Further Away, The Pic Was Taken When The Bag Was Positioned In A Way That I Could Pull My Car In The Garage.

Comment

• o0obruceleeo0o
        • Sep 2006

ahh I understand. We have a platform at my house too... I am 6'5" and my stepdad is 5'10" or so, so he stands on a little platform when he hits the speedbag. Also, I didn't think about moving the bag back and forth for room, with all those weights it looked stationary to me .

Comment

• HRC51ED
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o View Post
          ahh I understand. We have a platform at my house too... I am 6'5" and my stepdad is 5'10" or so, so he stands on a little platform when he hits the speedbag. Also, I didn't think about moving the bag back and forth for room, with all those weights it looked stationary to me .
          THE ONLY WEIGHTS HOLDING THE STAND DOWN ARE THE GREY STANDARD WEIGHTS---DOES NOT WORK FOR STABILITY, THAT'S WHY I JUST GOT RID OF THE SPEEDBAG PLATFORM THAT CAME WITH IT. THE COLORFUL OLYMPIC WEIGHTS ARE JUST THERE CUZ THEY LOOK GOOD THERE. THE STAND JUST SLIDES OUT (WITH A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE) WHEN DOING BAGWORK. EVEN THE WEIGHT BENCH SLIDES OUT WHEN NEEDED. THE ONLY EQUIPMENT THAT'S STATIONARY IS THE TREADMILL, SPEEDBAG PLATFORM, AND DOUBLE END BAG. APPRECIATE IT YOUR CONCERN, NICE TO KNOW I CAN GET FRIENDLY ADVICE OR CRITICISM SHOULD OR WHEN I NEED IT.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o View Post
            Do you stand on that little platform when you hit the speed bag? It seems a little crowded to me. It also doesn't look like theres much room for a good heavybag workout.
            Those free standing bag platforms don't give you much range of motion. You're pretty much limited to a 30 degree arc right in front of it... or risk tripping over the legs and the weights.

I usually end up moving stuff around in my garage, which can be a workout in itself.

Comment

• HRC51ED
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Those free standing bag platforms don't give you much range of motion. You're pretty much limited to a 30 degree arc right in front of it... or risk tripping over the legs and the weights.

I usually end up moving stuff around in my garage, which can be a workout in itself.
              yeah, i agree. but you never notice those details until it's fully assembled at home!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...