X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jollygood49
    • Jan 2013

Marketplace bag

$10 Facebook Marketplace find. The bladder was shot as I had expected but a new ones on the way!
  • Mickey Dix
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jul 2019

Nice find

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Did it have one of the red plastic bladders? That would date it from at least the 1980's. There were 4210's were being made with brown leather when Everlast got the 1996 Atlanta Olympics contract. Those started showing up almost ten years before the games as I recall (I had one at one time). They were made in both colors. The details of the Olympic contract are unknown to me, whether it was time limited or unit limited. There seemed to be a lot of bags being sold at retail with the Atlanta Olympics mark on them long after the games were over.

Comment

• Jollygood49
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Did it have one of the red plastic bladders? That would date it from at least the 1980's. There were 4210's were being made with brown leather when Everlast got the 1996 Atlanta Olympics contract. Those started showing up almost ten years before the games as I recall (I had one at one time). They were made in both colors. The details of the Olympic contract are unknown to me, whether it was time limited or unit limited. There seemed to be a lot of bags being sold at retail with the Atlanta Olympics mark on them long after the games were over.
        Yes it did. I just replaced it. One panel of the leather was bunched up and had some cracking but all in all it’s in great shape.

I just tried it out and it’s a heavy beast! I like it, definitely a good shoulder workout!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...