Bonded drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonded drum

Been struggling to find the right timber for my latest speed bag drum, ended up buying 2 oak pub tables (UK) from Facebook market place, after taking off the legs I had an idea ...bond together with glue and dowels to make a 3 inch thick solid oak drum ...ive trimmed and belt sanded it for preparation to be cut into a circle and planed by a wood working company...Will be fixed to one of my Speedking frames finished in matt white..looks amazing
    will post pics of the finished platform
    Attached Files

Originally posted by UK mark View Post
    Been struggling to find the right timber for my latest speed bag drum, ended up buying 2 oak pub tables (UK) from Facebook market place, after taking off the legs I had an idea ...bond together with glue and dowels to make a 3 inch thick solid oak drum ...ive trimmed and belt sanded it for preparation to be cut into a circle and planed by a wood working company...Will be fixed to one of my Speedking frames finished in matt white..looks amazing
    will post pics of the finished platform
    Nice :-)

Comment

Nice job, post video when it's complete

Comment

Originally posted by dad View Post
        Nice job, post video when it's complete
        Will do before it goes to the customer's martial arts gym

Comment

That sure is Nice and the Custom look is Super- Keep us updated

Comment

Unfortunately the bonded drum is on hold due to machine breakdown at the woodworking company, so I made another comprising of 3x1 inch thick oak table tops, glued and dowelled and now 3 coats of varnish, ready to be drilled to fit to the white frame
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Looks solid

Comment

Originally posted by UK mark View Post
                  Unfortunately the bonded drum is on hold due to machine breakdown at the woodworking company, so I made another comprising of 3x1 inch thick oak table tops, glued and dowelled and now 3 coats of varnish, ready to be drilled to fit to the white frame
                  Very nice looking drum

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...
                  X