• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NickyBagz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2020

My VERY novice progression at 3 weeks

Been going at the bag for a little over 3 weeks. 5-10 minutes a day. Heres what I got so far, any tips would be welcome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7iDC7Dhwk
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Welcome and good job. The only thing I noticed was the height of your bag (in opinion) is to high. The belly should hit you between your nose and mouth. Other may disagree.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

I would say you're off to the races! Is that the only bag you have at the moment? I believe that is the synthetic if I am not mistaken. You may experience better results with a better speed bag. IMO

Cheers, bag on!
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• NickyBagz
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
        I would say you're off to the races! Is that the only bag you have at the moment? I believe that is the synthetic if I am not mistaken. You may experience better results with a better speed bag. IMO

Cheers, bag on!
        Yeah, its my only bag right now. I plan on getting a new one in the future, but want to get as much use out of this one first.

Comment

• NickyBagz
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2020

Originally posted by dad View Post
          Welcome and good job. The only thing I noticed was the height of your bag (in opinion) is to high. The belly should hit you between your nose and mouth. Other may disagree.
          Thanks, its actually MUCH lower than it was at first. It WAS almost up to my forehead! Talk about a shoulder workout.

Comment

• pinzpirate
            • Feb 2020

Welcome to the club! Congratulations you got past the first hurdle you can do what we call triples with both hands Most people loose interest before they get to where you are so they don't have to worry about getting addicted like most of us are Now you need direction consider buying the The Speed Bag Bible or using other sources to help you with basically coaching you need goal oriented exercises or some kind of structure to focus on so you can keep progressing

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
              • Sep 2020

Speedbag's dvd set has been helping me alot. I highly recommend his book and dvd. Also welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Zaz
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2018

Very nice work! I agree that the the speed bag bible book and DVD are very helpful. You can also subscribe to speed bag b-rad youtube channel. There's a lot of very well made tutorials on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_5...QPpzrwFEOXvXrQ

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jul 2019

Looking great there Nicky Bagz , I agree with everone else the the Speedbag Bible book and the dvd set is a great way to get started Alan really walks you through all the techniques very well.It looks like you are well on your way.I would definitely invest in a better quality bag you will notice the difference immediately.

Comment

• DizzyD
                    • Jun 2020

Man 3 Weeks? That’s looking really good. I bought this Platform by myself when I started Bible-style-bagging. I really had a better experience with a sandbag on top of the platform and a new leather-bag, although I didn’t really use it got a long time. You’ll definitely notice the difference between a good leather bag and this synthetic one. Definitely agree on that with bagboy.

Comment

• NickyBagz
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Dec 2020

Originally posted by DizzyD View Post
                      Man 3 Weeks? That’s looking really good. I bought this Platform by myself when I started Bible-style-bagging. I really had a better experience with a sandbag on top of the platform and a new leather-bag, although I didn’t really use it got a long time. You’ll definitely notice the difference between a good leather bag and this synthetic one. Definitely agree on that with bagboy.
                      Thanks, Ive seen a couple of people mention the sandbag on top of the platform. What exactly does this do?

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by NickyBagz View Post

Thanks, Ive seen a couple of people mention the sandbag on top of the platform. What exactly does this do?
                        Helps soak up vibration. You Will notice a difference. Make sure the bag is well sealed! I had one open up on me and it dumped a shovel load of unwelcome sand on my beautiful long locks.
                        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...