X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Drum ?

Hey fellow baggers hope all is well during this Corona saga ...been thinking for a while about bonding planks of oak to make a solid drum, just so happened to be in the right place at the right time, managed to pick this solid oak kitchen worktop up for
    Attached Files
  • Mickey Dix
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jul 2019

Hi Mark hope all is well. That is a nice looking butcher block top you have there . I can’t wait to see what kind of drum you make out of that. Good luck!!

Comment

• UK mark
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
      Hi Mark hope all is well. That is a nice looking butcher block top you have there . I can’t wait to see what kind of drum you make out of that. Good luck!!
      Thanks,yeah all I good here in the UK, I'm excited to see how this turns out, I'll be most probably bonding 2 together to make a thick solid drum, any ideas on how to get that clear gloss finish?

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

Hi UK Mark that

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

let's try again Hi UK Mark that

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

Sorry about that. One more time That's one good looking piece of stock you have. I laminated two pieces of an old butcher block table (1 3/16") about 6 years ago, still using it today and I love it, solid, great rebound and a sweat sound. I know you're going to enjoy it. I left it natural with a light coat of Tung oil. Not sure how any Urethane would stand up to a constant bag beating. You may want to check with some of the baggers who have used a clear epoxy resin.

Comment

• UK mark
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by dad View Post
              Sorry about that. One more time That's one good looking piece of stock you have. I laminated two pieces of an old butcher block table (1 3/16") about 6 years ago, still using it today and I love it, solid, great rebound and a sweat sound. I know you're going to enjoy it. I left it natural with a light coat of Tung oil. Not sure how any Urethane would stand up to a constant bag beating. You may want to check with some of the baggers who have used a clear epoxy resin.
              Haha got there in the end...I'll probably use oil or maybe a varnish as wasn't going to go down the route of epoxy
              I got offered a solid walnut worktop 3 metres long from the same place too for around 140 dollars (

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

Please send a picture or better a video when your done. This sounds really cool.

Comment

• UK mark
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by dad View Post
                  Please send a picture or better a video when your done. This sounds really cool.
                  Will do : )

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...