X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

BJ Penn avenges loss

My favorite MMA fighter for the last 5 years has been a Hawaiian by the name of Baby J Penn. At the age of 17 as a blue belt he entered a Jiu Jitsu tournament for black belts and dominated all of them. At 19 he became the first non Brazilian to win the Mundials as a purple belt. He stormed through his first three opponents in the newly formed 155 lb division in the UFC and earned a title shot against "Lil Evil" Jens Pulver. He was a heavy favorite and dominated most of the first three rounds in their first meeting in 02, unfortunately Jens won a close split decision(robbed) and then avoided BJ at al cost. BJ moved up to 170 and beat the snot out of the most decorated UFC fighter ever, Welterweight champ Matt Hughes. After that he left the UFC and fought the best fighters in the world at their weight class and on their home turf. He fought as high as Heavyweight and although he lost, he showed he was the most talented fighter in the game. Last night he had a chance to redeem himself against the man who gave him his first loss and he didn't dissapoint. He dominated and even appeared to play with Jens close to the end as if he was prolonging the beating. Can't wait to see more of the new BJ!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

Bj penn

Yeah its good that there buddys now
    Bj sure looked pumped for that fight

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

man i love BJ to man hes one of the most talented righters to ever enter the sport of MMA great striker and grappeller. wasnt he the youngest american to every achieve a black belt in BJJ?
      ________
      new condos in Pattaya
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
        man i love BJ to man hes one of the most talented righters to ever enter the sport of MMA great striker and grappeller. wasnt he the youngest american to every achieve a black belt in BJJ?
        Yeah, He studied under Ralph Gracie, and the Gracies are notoriously stingy with their black belts, so that tells you alot about Penn's talent. His approach to the fight game is completely unique to him. He is freakishly flexible and can put his foot behind his head without using his hands. He showed that unique flexibility in passing Pulver's guard and taking his back. To end the fight he used his left leg to hold Pulver's left arm, allowing him to sink the rear naked choke...did you catch Hughes reaction? Priceless!

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

ya ive never liked Hughes loved his reaction to his boy loosing. ya and i cant believe how felxable he is man ever since i saw him do crazy crap like that with his felxablility. its almost like he doesnt have joints or anything restricting his legs from moving like that.
          ________
          California medical marijuana
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
            My favorite MMA fighter for the last 5 years has been a Hawaiian by the name of Baby J Penn. At the age of 17 as a blue belt he entered a Jiu Jitsu tournament for black belts and dominated all of them. At 19 he became the first non Brazilian to win the Mundials as a purple belt. He stormed through his first three opponents in the newly formed 155 lb division in the UFC and earned a title shot against "Lil Evil" Jens Pulver. He was a heavy favorite and dominated most of the first three rounds in their first meeting in 02, unfortunately Jens won a close split decision(robbed) and then avoided BJ at al cost. BJ moved up to 170 and beat the snot out of the most decorated UFC fighter ever, Welterweight champ Matt Hughes. After that he left the UFC and fought the best fighters in the world at their weight class and on their home turf. He fought as high as Heavyweight and although he lost, he showed he was the most talented fighter in the game. Last night he had a chance to redeem himself against the man who gave him his first loss and he didn't dissapoint. He dominated and even appeared to play with Jens close to the end as if he was prolonging the beating. Can't wait to see more of the new BJ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF73zWYyFgQ
            I have it taped and haven't had an opportunity to see it. Ilike both fighters but was hoping to see Bj win. How about Manny Gamburyan's bogus loss?
            sigpic

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Manny is a pitbull in the octagon! He trains with his cousin Karo Parysian, Gokor Chivichian, and Judo Gene Lebell a potent mix! I was actually rooting for Nick who is a true OG and Gracie tested. The win was due to Gamburyans shot in which he dislocated his own shoulder...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...