• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atenspro
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2014

Not a spammer

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am making the mandatory first post.

You are all a bunch of idiots but I'm thinking I must fit right in since I have been reading all of your posts.

Seriously though, I used to have a membership at a Powerhouse Gym in my area and they had this speed bag that I think I was the only one who used it. I had no clue what I was doing but I eventually was able to keep it going.

That was a couple of years ago and I am no longer a member there. But I finally, a couple of days ago, figured out that I have speed bag withdrawals and so in the last few days I ordered a bunch of equipment (platform, a couple of bags, a nice Deville swivel and a couple of cheapo's, some hand protection, Alan's Book and DVD's.) I never had hand protection back then and I remember cutting my hands on that thing and getting sore too. I'm thinking the hand protection was maybe the best purchase I made. My budget is totally busted but I'm really looking forward to bangin' the bag.

It is hard to describe the feeling I had back in the gym but I'll bet most of you know what I'm talking about. It is satisfying and yet you want to do more. Kind of like eating potato chips maybe, you can't just eat one and before you know it the bag is gone and you are in the store buying another one.

Thanks for the great forum and for all of your informative and helpful posts.

May the speed bag never hit you in the face.

Keep it going!

Bill
    Last edited by atenspro; 10-07-2014, 11:11 AM.
  • rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

bagging on

Originally posted by atenspro View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and am making the mandatory first post.

You are all a bunch of idiots but I'm thinking I must fit right in since I have been reading all of your posts.

Seriously though, I used to have a membership at a Powerhouse Gym in my area and they had this speed bag that I think I was the only one who used it. I had no clue what I was doing but I eventually was able to keep it going.

That was a couple of years ago and I am no longer a member there. But I finally figured out that I have speed bag withdrawals and bought a bunch of equipment (platform, a couple of bags, a nice Deville swivel and a couple of cheapo's, some hand protection, Alan's Book and DVD's.) I never had hand protection and I remember cutting my hands on that thing and getting sore too. I'm thinking the hand protection was maybe the best purchase I made. My budget is totally busted but I'm really looking forward to bangin' the bag.

It is hard to describe the feeling I had back in the gym but I'll bet most of you know what I'm talking about. It is satisfying and yet you want to do more. Kind of like eating potato chips maybe, you can't just eat one and before you know it the bag is gone and you are in the store buying another one.

Thanks for the great forum and for all of your informative and helpful posts.

May the speed bag never hit you in the face.

Keep it going!

Bill
    Hi Bill I had to take a 2 week trip from my bag and I started to go into withdrawal. That feeling you are talking about I call getting into the zone where nothing exists but you and the bag and you just don't want to stop.

What bags do you have.....I have an Everlast medium that is getting worn out....will have to get a new bag soon looking at a smaller one. When I first started bagging I could not fathom why anyone would have more than one size bag....Now fully addicted I can.

Would love to see a pix of your set up and a video of you in action.
    Sounds like you fit right in Bill glad to have you on the forum. ps my bag kisses me regularly bag on

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by atenspro View Post
      You are all a bunch of idiots...
      I resemble that remark ! If you ever get a divorce, get a good attorney that can get you custody of the bags.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...