• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

MD, TJ, MidWest baggers

Has the snow started yet???? I heard on the news 1 - 2 feet of snow and blizzard conditions!!!!

Hope their predictions are wrong. In any case, stay warm and keep that bag movin.

But remember, only 4 1/2 months to SB II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

The dumpage has begun. I hoping they cancel my run tonight. I run Milwaukee every night and last night was brutal! 105 miles at only 35 mph! Pulling a set of doubles. Today is definitely worse. I have to call in at 3 and if I'm off, I'm baggin'!
    Last edited by metaldad; 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah Biff, about an hour ago, I'm just south of Metaldad and it's all coming from the south. If we get what they call for, things will be paralyzed for a day or two. I'm just gonna be hangin' loose and try and halfway keep up with the accumulation. Maybe 2 or 3 snow blowing sessions might make it a little easier. And Yes, as a matter of fact I was just beating on the bag (speed bag that is) haha, I just started trying out consectutive four way elbows, side to side (elbow/fist/fist/elbow) with just one rebond. Haven't been bagging much lately but they are shaping up little by little. Skunk made me sick the way he can nail those with power and authority...........and speed!
      Nobody can hit the bag like Zach.
      But Yeah Biff, thanks for inquiring about the blizzard, I know you guys got your share this year. Take it cool my man.
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

I'm off too. FedEdx completely shudown. We are gonna be slammed with freight this weekend! The talking heads are saying this is gonna be worse than the '67, '79 and '99 blizzards. 50+ mph wind gusts, whipping snow, Lake Michigan wave advisory, freezing temps. Commuters worst nightmare. Snowzilla has arrived! Yes they have dubbed it Snowzilla! Snowmageddon1 I'm not makin' this up! Haven't made it to the garage yet. somehow I'm gonna grow some gonads and bag! SNOW BE DAMNED! I must bag! Bag or Die! I have attached a few shots from my front window Not like nobobdy's eveer seen this stuff before:
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Didn't know where to put these vids. But since we're on the topic of snow and such, I guess here is as good a place as any. Did them on my way out for pizza and beer. yep it's apizza and beer kinda night in Chicagoland!

This second one may be a little too "Blair Witch/Cloverfield"
          sigpic

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hope you guys got shoveled out OK and are back to normal.

MD, pizza and beer, there's no better way to wait out a storm!

TJ, be sure to post up the vid of the consecutive elbows.

EDIT: I was watching the Weather Channel this morning, and saw that Arlington, TX (14) was colder than Green Bay (18) and Pittsburgh (40). Crazy winter.
            Last edited by Biff; 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
              Didn't know where to put these vids. But since we're on the topic of snow and such, I guess here is as good a place as any. Did them on my way out for pizza and beer. yep it's apizza and beer kinda night in Chicagoland!
              Awwww the life up north... all the cold weather you can stand. In all seriousness, hope the worst of it is over now and you are digging back out.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Awwww the life up north... all the cold weather you can stand. In all seriousness, hope the worst of it is over now and you are digging back out.
                I'm just north of metaldad. Helps to remember, though, that there's an entire nation well north of both of us.

Comment

• deano
                  Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

We've got the opposite over here,Sydney hit 43C,hottest Feb day in 80yrs,and the hottest day in 5yrs,swim,beer and shade.Also far north Queensland got hit with category 5 cyclone ,more floods in Victoria, and I think the fires are now under control in West Oz

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Our worst day here in the DC area started after everyone got on the road going home. Wet snow washed all the treatment off the roads and service vehicles couldn't get out because of the grid lock. Some didn't get home for six hours. I slept at work in a video control room with all the equipment on to stay warm and ended up using exhaust heat from a projector at 3 AM. Lucky I had my workout cloths since my pants were wet from a failed attempt to hit the road.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...