X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pegasos
    • Feb 2007

Homemade weapons (not guns)

There are some kind of weapons that can be made at home, nunchakus are obviously the easiest to make, and some people have been into knifemaking and all that.

Me however, i saw some time ago a video in youtube, where a chinese guy or asian/oriental anyway, was showing some weapons he had at home, in an entertaining manner. So, some of them he had made himself, he showed a wooden sword, nunchakus, etc, and at some point he pulls out a thing, presses a button and the thing "opened" into some kind of a giant wooden 4point star! He called it a 'fan weapon' in his video. So, again, it was like a small square or something, he pressed something and 4 big spikes/wooden knifes emerged on equal measurements from each other. I am really trying to learn more about this 'fan weapon' as he called it, with the ultimate goal of making one myself if i can, but the thing is I CANT FIND THE DAMN VIDEO IN YOUTUBE AGAIN !
    And any places i searched i havent seen/found such a weapon ...

Any ideas/knowledge of this weapon? How is it called, how it is used, how it is MADE possibly??? The guy said he made it himself, ok maybe his great great great grandfather in japan or korea or whatever taught him to do it as a tradition i dont know, but i do want to try it myself! THANKS
    Last edited by Pegasos; 02-20-2007, 02:49 AM.
  • ronaldo
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

hmm no idea but it sounds pretty cool. BTW I am looking to do my own ninchucks, any advice or tips? Like how long should the chain be, etc...

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Old post. Anyone have the answer?

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
      ...i saw some time ago a video in youtube, where a chinese guy or asian/oriental anyway, was showing some weapons he had at home, in an entertaining manner. So, some of them he had made himself, he showed a wooden sword, nunchakus, etc, and at some point he pulls out a thing, presses a button and the thing "opened" into some kind of a giant wooden 4point star! He called it a 'fan weapon' in his video. So, again, it was like a small square or something, he pressed something and 4 big spikes/wooden knifes emerged on equal measurements from each other. I am really trying to learn more about this 'fan weapon' as he called it, with the ultimate goal of making one myself if i can, but the thing is I CANT FIND THE DAMN VIDEO IN YOUTUBE AGAIN !
      And any places i searched i havent seen/found such a weapon ...

Any ideas/knowledge of this weapon? How is it called, how it is used, how it is MADE possibly???
      Last edited by paranday; 01-31-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...