• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Straight back at ya Atgatt.

With double the pleasure

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
      Straight back at ya Atgatt.

With double the pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW2heKjzjIA
      I can't believe I never heard Squealer before. You gotta love that beat.

Here's a beat I bet you never heard before. Agnus puts on a SHOW. It's always fun to watch a person in "their element", be it speed bagging or whatever.

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Opps. Here it is:

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

Ya! Nothing like a good bit of rock'n blues. Early Bon Scot was the best. He modelled himself off another Aussie hard rocker, the grandfather of Australian R&R Stevie Wright, rest his soul.
          Stevie Wright was the front man for a 60's R&R band called the Easybeats, he then went solo in the 70's and 80's. There was a stage where I would see this guy perform every Thurs night down at the local and or around abouts.

What a showman

For part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bWHobeIGeQ .After the demise of the Easybeats in 1969, Stevie Wright embarked on a successful solo career. In 1974...

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Cool stuff, the Easybeats..... great frontman.... I can see the Bon-isms....
            Here's one insane mix of Angus.....
            I love this....

Comment

• Roc Stone
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2007

Just wondering what sort of training, if any, he'd do for that... I used that foot mix with the skipping rope, wonder if he does the same.

Speaking of training Spin, howz that running/jogging com'n along?

Comment

• deano
                Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

skippy time

hey Roc,enjoyed your vid,had a couple of quick runs thru there on various bikes over the years also.a mate came off big time heading south on the real tight left hander just befor you get back to bald hill,destroyed ducati and ambulance needed.was going to tell Alan plenty of roos and wallabys out west a bit,my wife calls it skippy time,late arvo ,get to where your going well before dark or run the risk.a rider was killed an hour from my place,hit a roo and came off hit by 4wd
                going the opposite way,real tragic.top music to roc.catcha deano

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                  Just wondering what sort of training, if any, he'd do for that... I used that foot mix with the skipping rope, wonder if he does the same.

Speaking of training Spin, howz that running/jogging com'n along?
                  I think Angus's training is all in the rush of the band. He can't control it, it controls him.
                  As far as me.... I hit the LA 1/2 Marathon on 1.10.10. That's 13.2 miles. Of 2700 runners, I came in 543rd. Not bad. Did it in 1:53:00. Around an 8:40 mile or so. Sprinted to the finish. It was a trippy, unique experience. I will do it again. Only I don't want to always have to say "1/2 marathon" so I am trying to convince myself that a full 26.2 marathon has to happen this year!
                  But I don't want to change my lifestyle so much which most do when training for this stuff. I want willpower to lead the way with a good amount of running behind it! I read books about Ultramarathoners and their 100 mile runs through mountains. That's how I get pumped to keep running. I like the solitude and I like that my mind starts going into its own world when you run. Left, right, breathe, repeat....ignore everything except the road ahead.... Runners that get near 100 miles talk of serious hallucinations yet have to be cognizant enough to know that they are only hallucinations, not bears and other runners standing there watching them. They talk of overcoming all the doubt in your mind and going further physically and mentally than you ever thought a human could. And that's drug free.
                  That puts you back in the day to day grind in an elevated place that you created on your own. I like to try to achieve that... but it is hardcore.
                  Way more than I am now.....
                  So this week, the past 4 days on the road I've ran 8,8,8 and 10.
                  I got to hit at least 6-8 again tomorrow by 2pm and be ready for the baggers to show up at the speed bag truck at 3. And then do a 1:45 sweaty rock show, then wake up and do it all again the next 2 days before going home....
                  BAG ON!

Comment

• Roc Stone
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2007

... Sounds hecktic. Never did like running much myself, unless I was carrying a rugby ball scoring a try, or something like that. Good luck Spin

Sorry to hear about your friend Deano, deepest condolences. Just to bring everybody up to speed, that section of road in my vid stretches between my place and Deanos, so either way its always a pleasure to go to Deanos.

Ya, road kill can be deadly on a bike. That hairpin you're talking about is always covered with loose foliage. Back in 85 I got my 1st serious bike, it was a Ducati Pantah SL 500, we were doing this run back then as well. I imagine you would have been about, doing this run too, then, wouldn't you Deano. A lot of good surf spots down through there as well, Sand Down Point a noted Sydney big wave reef break, just don't upset the locals.
                    Last edited by Roc Stone; 01-21-2010, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• atgatt
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                      Cool stuff, the Easybeats..... great frontman.... I can see the Bon-isms....
                      Here's one insane mix of Angus.....
                      I love this....
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cMEat1tJ7I
                      No kidding!! Unreal. Now I'll have to educate myself with the Easybeats' music. As good as they were I'm surprised they weren't more well known.

Gee, I wonder how Agnus stayed so thin.

Spin, so that's how you stay in such good shape to hit those drums the way you do. You must burn up the calories too as the music takes you along with it.

Sorry to hear about more motorcycle accidents. We can't stop everything, but for me now, what part of the road I can't see, I assume something is there and ride at a speed accordingly.

"You must always be able to stop within the distance you can see to be clear." Police Riders Motorcycle Roadcraft book

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...