• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Hey Rattler, check this out!

I stumbled on this clip while searching youtube.....I gotta do a search and see if Toho is making a new film!!

Oh and dig the Dragonball Z/Kramer reference lol
    sigpic
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

That looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I hope it is for real......

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Old school Godzilla guy here... if it ain't a guy in a rubber suit, it ain't godzilla

Last edited by Tim; 11-13-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• RenoRattler
        • Sep 2009

I hear ya, Tim. Love those oldies. The new ones are good too.

American Godzilla was a waste. And we all know that Ferris Bueller could never defeat Godzilla anyways.....

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

You guys are both right! Suitmation is the way! Oh yeah and here's what the real Godzilla thinks of Mr Roland Emmerich's giant Iguana................

Though the American film had the budget, bells and whistles, Ferris Beuller, Apu and Kent Brachman, IT WAS NOT GODZILLA!! It was actually a remake of this film. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it!!!
          Last edited by metaldad; 11-14-2009, 01:09 PM. Reason: embedding
          sigpic

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I was just messin' with you guys. I like the new ones too.

I haven't seen that final wars one, looks good though. That part with the big green iguana is pretty funny.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              I was just messin' with you guys. I like the new ones too.

I haven't seen that final wars one, looks good though. That part with the big green iguana is pretty funny.
              Yes you have seen Final Wars.....Remember a good bowl of cheese called Destroy All Monsters? This is the re-make. It's still a good flick. I'm tellin' ya Tim The American movie is a re-make of this classic. Of course that's just the Kaiju geek in me flappin' at the gums again. Speakin' of kaiju, either of you guys remember this or even this? Oh man I could go on and on.........................Better stop while I'm ahead. I bet this could be a whole new thread within itself. Old sci-fi/anime, I'm sure most of us are fans in one way or another Ultraman, Space Giants, Gigantor, Godzilla, Infra-Man and even this obscure, hard to find film. I bet it would be interesting and funny discussion.
              Last edited by metaldad; 11-15-2009, 09:50 AM. Reason: punctuation, spelling
              sigpic

Comment

• RenoRattler
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                Yes you have seen Final Wars.....Remember a good bowl of cheese called Destroy All Monsters? This is the re-make. It's still a good flick. I'm tellin' ya Tim The American movie is a re-make of this classic. Of course that's just the Kaiju geek in me flappin' at the gums again. Speakin' of kaiju, either of you guys remember this or even this? Oh man I could go on and on.........................Better stop while I'm ahead. I bet this could be a whole new thread within itself. Old sci-fi/anime, I'm sure most of us are fans in one way or another Ultraman, Space Giants, Gigantor, Godzilla, Infra-Man and even this obscure, hard to find film. I bet it would be interesting and funny discussion.
                Those links are beyond me, lol.

I just watched Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. last night, good fun.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
                  Those links are beyond me, lol.

I just watched Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. last night, good fun.
                  Johnny Sokko was the coolest show when I was a kid! I would race home from school just to watch that, I actually cried at the end of the series;Giant robot scrificed himself to save planet Earth from the evil Emperor Guillotine. Prince Planet was a show That I watched when I was in second grade, and the last link was from The Magic Serpent, a very hard to find Japanese fantasy film; A dragon that roars exactly like Godzilla, a Giant eagle that sounds exactly like Mothra, a giant flying spider, giant toad, samurai, ninjas and sorcery...............this movie sounds like DA BOMB!! It would be on the Saturday afternoon Creature Feature and I would always miss it. It looks and sounds like a great guilty pleasure film. Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S. is definitely cool, have you seen Godzilla All Monsters Attack? Godzilla's the bad guy and King Ghidora's the good guy.
                  sigpic

Comment

• RenoRattler
                    • Sep 2009

Johnny Sokko was the coolest show when I was a kid! I would race home from school just to watch that, I actually cried at the end of the series;Giant robot scrificed himself to save planet Earth from the evil Emperor Guillotine. Prince Planet was a show That I watched when I was in second grade, and the last link was from The Magic Serpent, a very hard to find Japanese fantasy film; A dragon that roars exactly like Godzilla, a Giant eagle that sounds exactly like Mothra, a giant flying spider, giant toad, samurai, ninjas and sorcery...............this movie sounds like DA BOMB!! It would be on the Saturday afternoon Creature Feature and I would always miss it. It looks and sounds like a great guilty pleasure film. Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S. is definitely cool, have you seen Godzilla All Monsters Attack? Godzilla's the bad guy and King Ghidora's the good guy.
                    I have not seen All Monsters Attack. King Ghidora the good guy?? That is sooo wrong....

When I was very small I had two Godzilla VHS's that I would watch constantly, Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla.(The first one, with the spacemen) and another one that I cannot remember the title to. But it was Godzilla and another monster that had spikes versus King Ghidora and a monster that had a buzz saw along its belly line. I loved that movie.

I did notice that Netflix has a few Godzilla movies, I'm gonna start getting them in.
                    Last edited by RenoRattler; 11-15-2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

I have not seen All Monsters Attack. King Ghidora the good guy?? That is sooo wrong....

When I was very small I had two Godzilla VHS's that I would watch constantly, Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla.(The first one, with the spacemen) and another one that I cannot remember the title to. But it was Godzilla and another monster that had spikes versus King Ghidora and a monster that had a buzz saw along its belly line. I loved that movie.

I did notice that Netflix has a few Godzilla movies, I'm gonna start getting them in.
                      That movie was Godzilla vs Gigan, Gigan was the monster with hooks for hands and buzzsaw, Angirus was the spike monster, and if I'm not mistaken, in this movie Godzilla and Angirus actually talked to each other. At least in the Japanese version they did. They would make funny noises and caption bubbles would appear over their heads:"Let's hurry Angirus" "Ok" Completely stupid and utterly freakin' hilarious!! This was during the Godzilla is the hero and friend of children(almost like Gamera) movies. You gotta love Godzilla vs The Smog Monster. I mean he actually flew in that one, and in Godzilla vs Megalon he did that flying double foot kick where he was sliding across on his tail. Great stuff!! speaking of Gamera, if you get a chance check out Gamera 3 The Revenge of Iris. It's a darker,meaner Gamera and has the coolest entrance scene with Gamera. I mean seriously wicked! Check out 2:21-6:30 of this clip
                      Last edited by metaldad; 11-16-2009, 12:26 AM. Reason: embedding
                      sigpic

Comment

• RenoRattler
                        • Sep 2009

That movie was Godzilla vs Gigan, Gigan was the monster with hooks for hands and buzzsaw, Angirus was the spike monster, and if I'm not mistaken, in this movie Godzilla and Angirus actually talked to each other. At least in the Japanese version they did. They would make funny noises and caption bubbles would appear over their heads:"Let's hurry Angirus" "Ok" Completely stupid and utterly freakin' hilarious!! This was during the Godzilla is the hero and friend of children(almost like Gamera) movies. You gotta love Godzilla vs The Smog Monster. I mean he actually flew in that one, and in Godzilla vs Megalon he did that flying double foot kick where he was sliding across on his tail. Great stuff!! speaking of Gamera, if you get a chance check out Gamera 3 The Revenge of Iris. It's a darker,meaner Gamera and has the coolest entrance scene with Gamera. I mean seriously wicked! Check out 2:21-6:30 of this clip
                        YES. The English version had it dubbed over in English, haha.

That clip is WIZARD! And it looks like the whole movie is up in pieces.......YES
                        Last edited by RenoRattler; 11-16-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

YES. The English version had it dubbed over in English, haha.

That clip is WIZARD! And it looks like the whole movie is up in pieces.......YES
                          I actually have the Japanese subtittled version on VHS. Pretty cool that you can watch it on Youtube. It's a good movie, very dark for a Gamera film and violent. But Gamera films always had violence and gore(monster amputations, impalements, people getting eaten etc.)Maybe Toei was trying to one-up Toho?There's also another recent Gamera film called "Gamera The Brave". I think it's a reboot to the Gamera as a friend to children and from what I can tell about the story, a young boy finds an egg, it hatches a s a tiny turtle then gets big and becomes the protector...at least that's what I think the story is. I've only seen bits and pieces of the film.
                          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...