• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Can Machida Do It Again?

Tonight Lyoto Machida defends his title for the first time. Can he remain undefeated? I think yes. Nothing against Shogun, but I se a good cat and mouse fight here. Sure, if Rua catches Lyoto with a good one, it's over. But catching Lyoto is the conumdrum. Thoughts?
    sigpic
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

I'm with you on this one MD, Machida for sure!!! First round K.O. is the first thought that comes to mind....we will see.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Well, I watched and ..................Though I'm happy for Machida............I'm so M#@#!$$##CO%%#@% angry!!What a letdown of a fight! Cain Velazquez kicked some tail though.
      sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Guys, I was there tonight! I got comped tickets from Dana White! Billy Idol played a private show for Dana last year. Our keyboard player has kept in touch and has been comped tickets to a couple Vegas UFC fights. I could never go. But tonight I did. It was wizard! What a great experience! Lyoto is awesome, but Shogun fought smart. Shogun was the aggressor. Lyoto just seemed to let too much time go by without striking. People started booing. Shogun gained lots of fans and Machida definitely lost some. I think he rules but tonight he just seemed hesitant and fearing getting caught a bit....

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Guys, I was there tonight! I got comped tickets from Dana White! Billy Idol played a private show for Dana last year. Our keyboard player has kept in touch and has been comped tickets to a couple Vegas UFC fights. I could never go. But tonight I did. It was wizard! What a great experience! Lyoto is awesome, but Shogun fought smart. Shogun was the aggressor. Lyoto just seemed to let too much time go by without striking. People started booing. Shogun gained lots of fans and Machida definitely lost some. I think he rules but tonight he just seemed hesitant and fearing getting caught a bit....
          That's awesome that you got to be there. I watched on PPV and I agree 100%. Machida wasn't nearly as aggressive as he was in the Rashad Evans fight. Me, my wife and friend all thought that Shogun won that fight but they gave it to Machida?..................HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I am a Lyoto fan but that was .............subpar. Still awesome that you got to be there!
          sigpic

Comment

• Roc Stone
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2007

From what I saw of it Machida landed the heavier blows and did appear to block a lot of Shoguns attack.
            Shogun did make a strong finish but not strong enough.
            sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...