• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Too cold Outside? BAG in the heat!

Ok this morning I was too hungover to make the garage trip. Kids with aunt and cousins so it was just me and Nina,Long Island Ice Teas, Danny Trejo cuttin' up bad guys and making out with hot women, Steven Seagal trying too hard to be a "Mexican" drug lord. He just could not pull it off. Yes I'm talking about Machete! More on that in the Off Topic section. Anyway I did this video yesterday. I'm not trying to keep beat here, just hittin' and trying combos. The music is some nice early morning cold weather ballads to get you going... Oh yeah, it was DAMN cold!

Last edited by metaldad; 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM. Reason: adding text
    sigpic
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MD's YT quote:
    "Did this at 6 am. Outside Temp 0 with a windchill of -18. The garage temp: about 20- 30. Space heaters broken so I gotta move around yay!!"

GEEZ, MD! How did you even manage to talk yourself into going out there?! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... And at 6 AM? Did you wake the neighbors?

I watched the whole thing - all 8:50 minutes of it! And it ooks like you probably got the garage warmed up with that workout. Noticed you threw in a scissors spin. Nice. My favorite was the last 2 minutes. Love your style, MD.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• jojojunfan
      • Dec 2010

dude! your cool! goku would be proud! btw nice mook in the background!
      " If everyone were satisfied with themselves, there would be no heroes "

Comment

• toolboxdiver
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2008

you go Brother Semper Fi

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Intense. That bag didn't stand a chance.

Comment

• Inkspill
            • Dec 2010

I don't know if I'm allowed to swear on these forums, but fuck yeah bro! I love the boxing work, your jab is returning low, unless you prefer that shoulder roll style, I figure getting the hand out of the way of the bag requires the hand to drop some. I didn't even see that home made wing chun dummy before! Sweet. You are a steamroller! Enjoyed the head movement, its nice to see a fighter on the bag. You really went for it and destroyed. Was that 6 feet under on the music or cannibal corpse? I might be totally off.

I like your fired up energy in this one, combined a high level of control. A few flubs, but that happens and you self corrected and kept going. Inspiring!
            Last edited by Inkspill; 01-22-2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              MD's YT quote:
              "Did this at 6 am. Outside Temp 0 with a windchill of -18. The garage temp: about 20- 30. Space heaters broken so I gotta move around yay!!"

GEEZ, MD! How did you even manage to talk yourself into going out there?! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... And at 6 AM? Did you wake the neighbors?

I watched the whole thing - all 8:50 minutes of it! And it ooks like you probably got the garage warmed up with that workout. Noticed you threw in a scissors spin. Nice. My favorite was the last 2 minutes. Love your style, MD.
              Trust me MsD, it was a hard fought battle between nice warm comforter amd freezing my patoot off in the name of bagging excellence!! My garage is at the butt end of the condo complex so I'm a bit removed from the neighbors. Every once in awhile I'll be nose to nose with Bambi & co or a rascally racoon but the humans have to come looking for me to hear me. It was quite the workout! Yeah, I'm working on those spins and I also like to try and actually "box" the bag. It looks a bit awkward but will take shape in time.That pace towards the end of the video is a killer after a bit! If I can just keep it going for longer than 2:00! Thanks for checking it out!

Originally posted by jojojunfan View Post
              dude! your cool! goku would be proud! btw nice mook in the background!
              Thank you! Train Like a Saiyan!! Thanks for the comp[liment on the mook. I'm actually in the process of modifying the arms. I left too much of a gap in-between.

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
              you go Brother Semper Fi
              Thanks Marine!! Do Or Die!!!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Intense. That bag didn't stand a chance.
              Thank GOD that bags aren't vindictive and don't hit back!

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
              I don't know if I'm allowed to swear on these forums, but fuck yeah bro! I love the boxing work, your jab is returning low, unless you prefer that shoulder roll style, I figure getting the hand out of the way of the bag requires the hand to drop some. I didn't even see that home made wing chun dummy before! Sweet. You are a steamroller! Enjoyed the head movement, its nice to see a fighter on the bag. You really went for it and destroyed. Was that 6 feet under on the music or cannibal corpse? I might be totally off.

I like your fired up energy in this one, combined a high level of control. A few flubs, but that happens and you self corrected and kept going. Inspiring!
              Thanks brother!! I'm actually not a boxer but LOVE the discipline and workout! Therefore my skills are truly lacking. When I get really motivated , I try to incorporate boxing and fighting manuevers on the bag. I'm into Wing Chun and have been practicing the basics of the art for quite some time. Haven't had the time or funds to get with a good Sifu unfortunately. The music is Blood Red Throne. I'm into all sorts of metal. Exodus "Exhibit B: The Human Condition" has been in my car's cd player for over a month!! I LOVE that disc!! I want to bea able to punch drum to some good Death Metal, like Cannibal one day. Songs like "Compelled To Lacerate", "When Death Replaces Life" and "Hammer Smashed Face" would be cool to keep time to. I was also thinking of Chimaira, Slipknot and Meshuggah but I think Tichy's gonna beat me to the punch (pun intended) on the Meshuggah!
              I'm gald everyone likes what they see! I'm really making a better effort this year to bag more often. June will be here before you know it!
              Last edited by metaldad; 01-22-2011, 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling
              sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Great baggin workout MD! Thanks for the vid to keep us all motivated during these cold months! I have no reason to slack. My set up is in my heated basement. So, this vid leaves me with no excuses.
                Keep it bagging! Thanks for posting the vid!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Heppsan
                  • Jan 2011

Great vid!

I like your choice of "nice early morning ballads"!
                  And I don't have to ask why you call yourself metaldad..

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                    I wasn't sure if that was his music, or his top fuel dragster.

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                      Great baggin workout MD! Thanks for the vid to keep us all motivated during these cold months! I have no reason to slack. My set up is in my heated basement. So, this vid leaves me with no excuses.
                      Keep it bagging! Thanks for posting the vid!
                      LMAO. You're welcome! Now get to baggin'! I'm one to talk! I should be baggin' right now
                      Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                      Great vid!

I like your choice of "nice early morning ballds"!
                      Blood Red Throne is from your neck of the woods I believe. I like and respect all different music,but love metal the most. Lots of bands from Sweden. Entombed, The Haunted, Soilwork, Hatesphere, In Flames just to name a few. Wish I could play like them. And yes I have corrupted my children ...somewhat.

It's actually the hidden track on my Dr Wayne Dyer Excuses Begone! cd
                      Last edited by metaldad; 02-01-2011, 01:36 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                        It's actually the hidden track on my Dr Wayne Dyer Excuses Begone! cd

I KNEW it! I've always suspected Dr. Dyer of inserting subliminal [heavy metal] messages in his CD's and videos!

And especially his books!

10 Secrets For Success And Inner Peace
                        by DR. WAYNE W. DYER

I found Secret No. 11 within the pages of the book:
                        Be sure to listen to classic heavy metal music daily to ensure personal success and inner peace.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by MsDeville; 02-01-2011, 11:26 PM.
                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

10 Secrets For Success And Inner Peace
                          by DR. WAYNE W. DYER

I found Secret No. 11 within the pages of the book:
                          Be sure to listen to classic heavy metal music daily to ensure personal success and inner peace.

Wow Dee no wonder I'm so filled with inner peace I listen to Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Black Sabbath religiously and I thought it was because I'm in a time warp
                          hehehehehe

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...