Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deville's Back in the Swing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deville's Back in the Swing

    Well, after watching juxt's "vintage-look" video, and appreciating Mrs. Mitt's dramatic lighting and dubbed-in music in her latest video, I just had to get on the bandwagon. This is just a sample clip of my punch-drumming to a Michael Bublé song – forgive me, Metaldad – called "Peroxide Swing." I am not a fan of his or anything, but, when I heard this song, I thought – punch-drum swing. YEAH!

    After being "under the weather" for so long – weeks and weeks – I decided this was the song to punch to in order to get back in the swing of things. I'm not doing any fancy moves, but, rather, just had fun with my video editing equipment.




    (Here's the full version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE56EzQOx40)
    Last edited by MsDeville; 11-14-2010, 06:24 AM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

  • #2
    Very nicely done. A great vintage sounding song and look to the video, and it's a great baggin' song ... "swing" - I get it

    Great punching as always.

    Comment


    • #3
      Were you a tap dancer in a former life? Oh god, I bet Raul could fix up a pair a shoes for you and then you'd invent tap bagging...

      Comment


      • #4
        Believe it or not, I actually like Michael Buble. You can thank my wife for that! Between Him and Harry Connick Jr. I Don't stand a chance with her! Looking good for being out of the loop for a bit
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Very nicely done. A great vintage sounding song and look to the video, and it's a great baggin' song ... "swing" - I get it

          Great punching as always.
          Thanks, Tim. So, ah, when are you going to make your punch-drumming debut. Can't wait...

          Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Were you a tap dancer in a former life? Oh god, I bet Raul could fix up a pair a shoes for you and then you'd invent tap bagging...
          When I was a kid, I LOVED watching all those old Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, etc. musicals. This song is really fun to punch along with. I know I'm not doing anything fancy, other than keeping time -- or attempting to keep time with the music. But that's the beauty of punch-drumming. You don't need fancy moves to have fun with it.


          Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          Believe it or not, I actually like Michael Buble. You can thank my wife for that! Between Him and Harry Connick Jr. I Don't stand a chance with her! Looking good for being out of the loop for a bit
          WHEW! Good to know! Yeah, Connick and Bublé – incredible crooners of the 20th & 21st century...
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

          Comment


          • #6
            cool video. great punching and great sound. i like the sound at 0:12 it switches into just the drumroll and the bag

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey Dee! Very cool, you are one swingin' cat (kitten) haha! Great job as always, good to see another one of your vids. You're always keeping us guessing with your tune selection, never know what's coming next! Always cool though.
              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by juxt View Post
                cool video. great punching and great sound. i like the sound at 0:12 it switches into just the drumroll and the bag
                Thanks, juxt. That segment from :12 is my favorite part. And the drums are cool. Is that the tom tom drum, or something like that? I'm pretty ignorant of drums, but gaining a big appreciation for them. I just read an article about a 56-year-old woman (okay, it was in AARP magazine ) who decided to take drum lessons, and now she's playing professionally in a band! Well... it's probably the "Dusty Rhodes" band in Missoula, Montana, performing weekly at the local Eagles Club. But, hey, she's doing something she fell in love with and she didn't let her age stop her.

                Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                Hey Dee! Very cool, you are one swingin' cat (kitten) haha!
                Great job as always, good to see another one of your vids. You're always keeping us guessing with your tune selection, never know what's coming next! Always cool though.
                Meow. Thanks for the nice comments, TJ. Well, one of my objectives is to try to change up the scenery or song choice, since I'm kind of at a stand-still in regards to new punches and combos. I'm working on some new ones, and then I have to practice them long enough so I can seamlessly (ha) incorporate them in to the song...


                Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Were you a tap dancer in a former life? Oh god, I bet Raul could fix up a pair a shoes for you and then you'd invent tap bagging...
                And, to respond to your second remark, Jim. I ain't no Billy Mackk of speed bagging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vxe-...layer_embedded ...balancing on a skateboard that was straddling that pvc pipe! Wow!

                But, 'tap bagging'? Well, you never know... I could probably make it work, somehow! It would probably be a really good workout for the legs! Be looking for the tap bagging in my... 200th video!!
                Last edited by MsDeville; 11-09-2010, 05:52 PM. Reason: typo
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by juxt View Post
                  cool video. great punching and great sound. i like the sound at 0:12 it switches into just the drumroll and the bag
                  Would have been a good place to pot the music down and let your solo come thru. Great sounding video.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice job Dee!

                    I love it, it works really well. The audio, video effects, lighting everything. Think you've tapped into something good here....!

                    The music really suits, and the swivel is the tap shoe sound, really great. You know what I envisage next - a couple of twirls, scissor style would just up the Fred Astaire inspired performance another notch or two!!!

                    Great stuff as usual, and hope you're fully recovered and back to full strength.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                      Would have been a good place to pot the music down and let your solo come thru. Great sounding video.
                      Thanks, Greg. Yes, you're right...maybe I should have dropped the volume just a bit on the music. Maybe next time?


                      Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                      Nice job Dee!

                      I love it, it works really well. The audio, video effects, lighting everything. Think you've tapped into something good here....!

                      The music really suits, and the swivel is the tap shoe sound, really great. You know what I envisage next - a couple of twirls, scissor style would just up the Fred Astaire inspired performance another notch or two!!!
                      Thanks, Niki! Wow, you "tapped" in to my brain and read my thoughts! Just last night I attempted to do some spins (for the first time!) because I was thinking that it would be fun to swing dance up to the platform and throw in a spin or too while hitting in time to the music. Yeah, sure... in my dreams!

                      And, yes, I'm nearly back to feeling 100%. I think it was a culmination of things that got me 'rundown.' Changes at work, loss of several close co-workers, even the change of season – sunshine is a mood booster for me... And, a temporary switch from my metal platform to the cement one had some bearing on my overall well-being, I think. I've become very attached to that metal drum and my comfy parlor at the woodshed. Well, the other day, I finally got the metal ball hook put back on it, and now I'm definitely back on the road to recovery!
                      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Full version

                        I decided to upload the full version of the song – in color – mistakes and all...
                        oh, and with a special appearance by some expert swing dancers!






                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          NIce!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And the croud goes wild. Loved the flurry at the end. Next you'll be doing it with your feet, tapping not bagging. Althought bagging with feet may be a dare to some.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Great videos MsDeville! I loved both versions. I thought it was a fabulous song selection.

                              Comment

                              Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X