Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

WinnWell SB 08 speed bag, Made in Canada

What vintage, which swivel?
    Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Okay, so you want to find info on Canadian boxing equipment , where do you look? A hockey site, of course! You've heard "I went to a hockey game the other night and several boxing matches broke out" haven't you? So I found this info on a hockey board.
    "Winnwell was originally incorporated as Wellinger Limited. The company name was changed to Wellinger & Dunn in the 1950s and finally to Winnwell Sporting Goods Limited in 1976.
    Winnwell was sold to Cooper Canada in 1978. At the time, Cooper was the largest manufacturer of hockey equipment in the world. In 1980 the Winnwell trademark was acquired by Irwin Toys Limited. Following Irwin Toy's bankruptcy in 2002, the Winnwell trademark was purchased by Brimatin Holdings, Inc., which retains ownership today."
    With this information it would appear that this bag was made in the mid to late 1970's. As far as the swivel, it looks like it's a lot older than the bag, I'm thinking that it's a Benlee, minus the flange base.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...