• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indomitablehef
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

Looking for a 1910-1920 Speed Bag

Hi, All. I'm working to restore a speed bag platform that I believe is from 1910-1920. (see pic).

I'd like to find a speed bag from that same time period as well, but I'm having trouble finding any information about the various vintage speed bags I can find one ebay or other sites. I try looking them up by brand name and model number, but haven't really been able to find any good resources that help me identify them.

I kind of thought it would be easier to find old speedbags in general, too. Slim pickings on ebay it seems. Is there somewhere else you guys know of that I should look?
    Attached Files
  • indomitablehef
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

No, unfortunately. I will post one when I get it put back together, though.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Bags of that vintage are BIG. Occasionally one will appear on eBay. Be forwarned, the sellers will want an arm and a leg for them especially if they are in any kind of decent shape (up in the three figure range is not uncommon). Also, it's common that these bags won't have a functional bladder. As far as name brands, Goldsmith, D&M, Spaulding, and Hutch show up fairly regularly, these were very popular in the day so there are more survivors.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...