X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete
    • Nov 2020

Whitely Swivel

Looks to be unused. The S hook looks a little wider at the bottom then the Everlast S hooks .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moosehead.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	126607
    Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

These are nice swivels. When they were new, there was a felt pad that kept the ball down in the socket without restricting the movement. I've encountered very few of these that still had the pad in them. When they wore out, most users didn't bother to replace them.

Comment

• Pete
      • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      These are nice swivels. When they were new, there was a felt pad that kept the ball down in the socket without restricting the movement. I've encountered very few of these that still had the pad in them. When they wore out, most users didn't bother to replace them.
      Interesting, no sign of the felt pad. I have been trying out black fiber washers as a buffer and have had good results. Stops the jump, less wear and tear, and makes it a little quieter.

Comment

• Pete
        • Nov 2020

Originally posted by ventanakaz

Can you show a picture of the fiber washer and where did you get them ? I use two steel washers on my everlast swivel, One of my washers is just a regular washer that you can get at any hardware store, The other washer is a valve spring washer from when i used to work at an auto machine shop, It practically has no jump but I also use my steel ball which is only shaved on one side and is not on the other side, I'm curious how the fiber washer would work on an everlast ball that is shaved (cut) on both ends ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499 (1).jpg
Views:	183
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	126640
        They are called black fiber washers and I got these tat Home Depot . They are in the nuts and bolts aisle in the slide out drawers where the specialty items are.

Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...