X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinzpirate
    • Feb 2020

More time for bagging.... Corona virus Blues

I'm down here in St Pete Florida There aren't racecars buzzing around the streets of my home town
    The Grand Prix was cancelled There won't be sports cars racing at Sebring or Drag racing up in
    Gainesville next weekend either Spring training baseball, golf tournaments not happening Orlando is
    100 miles away, Disney World, Universal and almost everything in that town; Shut down! One of
    Jimmy Buffet's famous lines"The weather's here wish you were beautiful" We're having Chamber of
    Commerce weather, If you're not boating or fishin', taking a 4WD to play in the woods; might as well
    spend some extra time hitting your bags. Definitely curios to here how this is affecting ya'll UK Mark
    and the others that don't live the US and all you yankees

• Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Down here in Florida as well, on vacation. Luckily the last day we planned for Disney World is the last they may be open... Today

Comment

• pinzpirate
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
      Down here in Florida as well, on vacation. Luckily the last day we planned for Disney World is the last they may be open... Today
      Hope your vacation was great in spite of this BS The weather doesn't get any better this!

Comment

• Zaz
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

Here in Quebec, three boxing events have been canceled. The Beterbiev-Meng fight which was to take place in Quebec city is not canceled for the moment, but the promoters are seeking a site outside of Canada to stage the fight.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jun 2019

Schools and non essential government workers shut down at least until Apr. 6 here in Louisville. Most companies working from home when able. People over 60 recommended to stay home. The city is setting up meal delivery services. Airport still operating, if it shuts down I’ll be having some all day sessions under the board!

I’m personally not too worried about this new virus. I always pass my physicals with flying colors. Although my bloodwork is always great, I kinda remember those younger college days. There is no way I don’t have something more powerful and experienced than COVID coursing through my veins. If that COVID gets in me, it will take one look around and see something that resembles the Star Wars cantina. It will no doubt leave the way it came in to find a more suitable host.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• pinzpirate
            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
            Schools and non essential government workers shut down at least until Apr. 6 here in Louisville. Most companies working from home when able. People over 60 recommended to stay home. The city is setting up meal delivery services. Airport still operating, if it shuts down I’ll be having some all day sessions under the board!

I;m personally not too worried about this new virus. I always pass my physicals with flying colors. My bloodwork is always great, but I remember those younger college days. There is no way I don;t have something more powerful than that coursing through my veins.If that COVID gets in me, it will take one look around and see something that resembles the Star Wars cantina. It will no doubt find a more suitable host.
            I know exactly what you mean, I had a couple of heart attacks they call "Widow Makers" didn't know what they were, told a couple of my buddies about how I didn't feel right They insisted I go to the hospital The doctor that worked my heart came into my room the next morning and said "I don't why you're still here, since you walked in the front door, we went ahead and fixed you up" I hadn't hit a speed bag since the 80's, I started hitting again after I got out the hospital It was the exercise I enjoyed the most One of my clients tried show me some Fancy Baggin' but he hits real small bags My Everlast 10X7 didn't work very well for him I went on the internet to try and figure out what he was trying to show me, ended joining the club Like you guys alot

Comment

• Cazbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Flight home today, hopefully goes well. We had good time and lots of fun but I'm ready to go home..... Until I get there I imagine!

Comment

• chunk
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2020

I live in Fort Lauderdale. Loving the weather and hoping my first bag/platform gets put up today!

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jun 2019

Originally posted by chunk View Post
                  I live in Fort Lauderdale. Loving the weather and hoping my first bag/platform gets put up today!
                  Do it, Chunk! You wont regret it. Everything you need to know is right here

Comment

• chunk
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2020

Thank you LouisvilleBagr!! Looking forward to it for sure!

Comment

• Cazbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Hell yeah congrats chunk

Comment

• chunk
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Mar 2020

Thank you!! I’ll be posting pics once it’s up

Comment

• BagBoy
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2018

Western Canada here and with the NHL and MLB seasons on hold I want to hit (beat the shit out of) a lot more than just speedbags. Excuse the language but I am MuthaFuckin' Pissed off!

#selfish
                          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                            Western Canada here and with the NHL and MLB seasons on hold I want to hit (beat the shit out of) a lot more than just speedbags. Excuse the language but I am MuthaFuckin' Pissed off!

#selfish
                            Was there last night, with all hurricanes, droughts and everything else I've been never seen Wal-marts and grocery stores cleaned out like this The people that didn't over react and horde might
                            have real problems, RIDICULOUS!!! They were sold out of bread and ice but had plenty of beer Hmmmm...

Comment

• chunk
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Mar 2020

Finally got it installed! It’s going to get a lot of use between me and my three sons all home from school. I am super excited to finally have a bag of my own! (Already have a couple others on the way!) thanks for all the positive comments and looking forward to learning from everyone on the forum. Thanks!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...