• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John M
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2011

need info on gloves.

Hi everyone I am needed some info on some new heavy bag gloves.
    they will be just used on the heavy bag. i have a old century canvas bag ( 80 pounds)
    I am looking at a couple of kinds.
    title ones

Rival ones

Rivals

Triumphs

and for wrist wraps is there a difference between the mexican style versus the semi elastic wrist wraps?
  • Hannibal
    • Dec 2010

the triumph and the fitness gloves are not for heavy bag use. The triumph are a sparring glove, and the fitness gloves are for cardio boxing workouts not on a bag. Even though the title would have you believe otherwise. The title platinum's are a decent glove, and will last you a long time.

Comment

• John M
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2011

Thanks for the information hannibal.
      and the silver and black look nice as well.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
        • Apr 2011

Let me know what you think about those if you get 'em. I'm doing a lotta heavy bag work but will be sparring shortly - I've read a lot of good reviews on these gloves and have been considering gettin' em: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...ng-gloves.html
        -
        Owner/Operator
        www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• John M
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2011

I ordered the Title ones ( http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...ag-gloves.html )

since I am over 200 pounds I had to get the xl ones which I did not know they do sizes that way. I just hope they are not going to be huge on me.
          They should be here in about a week. and if all goes well I will review them.
          The gloves I have right now are like these http://store.titleboxing.com/harbing...ag-gloves.html
          Got mine form sear's and they say chuck norris on them. i laugh now cause it was before all the norris jokes .

Comment

• ExEODCDR
            • Apr 2011

Look forward to hearing about 'em. ... Heck if you've got original Chuck Norris gloves, those are collectors items!! LOL!
            -
            Owner/Operator

Comment

• Hannibal
              • Dec 2010

ratethisgear.com or trialbyfiremma.com are great places to for getting info or advice. I always go to sherdog.com in the gear and equipment sections. Clamp, gonzaganator, and bob law are always pumping out some of the best quality reviews of gloves on the net. I go to clamp when I personally want to get some advice. He's the one that tells me about side brands like ring to cage and golden gear (same thing as fairtex just made locally), and other quality brands. Also go to the gear and review section on sherdog and a title representative named wes has a thread there where you can ask him any question. He has helped me out tremendously. Turned me into a fan of rival gear as well.

Comment

• John M
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                Look forward to hearing about 'em. ... Heck if you've got original Chuck Norris gloves, those are collectors items!! LOL!
                yeah I think they are. God i might have to stop using them and find a way to have norris sign them. haha

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                ratethisgear.com or trialbyfiremma.com are great places to for getting info or advice. I always go to sherdog.com in the gear and equipment sections. Clamp, gonzaganator, and bob law are always pumping out some of the best quality reviews of gloves on the net. I go to clamp when I personally want to get some advice. He's the one that tells me about side brands like ring to cage and golden gear (same thing as fairtex just made locally), and other quality brands. Also go to the gear and review section on sherdog and a title representative named wes has a thread there where you can ask him any question. He has helped me out tremendously. Turned me into a fan of rival gear as well.
                Thanks for the web sites hannibal I will have to take a look at them.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Great info. I've checked out sherdog, but I'll investigate the other two. I hate paying tons of cash for hyped up junk. Just need good solid gear.

Originally posted by John M View Post
                  yeah I think they are. God i might have to stop using them and find a way to have norris sign them. haha
                  LOL! That's right! He's a bad man!!
                  -
                  Owner/Operator

Comment

• John M
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2011

I have been using the

now for about a week or two now.

I have to say these gloves are nice for hitting my heavy bag.
                    I did read a reveiw about these gloves and the person reveiwing them said something about the thumb placement and the chance of jamming your thumb.
                    Which it has happen to me about 3 times now. It only happen when I get a bit tierd and miss hit a bit.
                    Other then that i enjoy these gloves the padding is really nice and the hook and loop system is great. Aslo I use mexican hand wraps (since I have had surgery on both my hands left two screws and right hand a screw in my wrist)
                    My hand don't hurt at all after hutting the heavy bag 4 days in a row for around 20 to 30 mins each day.
                    As for the size they are a bit snug around the fingers.
                    Another plus to me is that they are 16 ounces which is what i wanted for more of a work out.
                    I am happy with these gloves.
                    Thanks hannibal for the advice on the gloves early

Comment

• Hannibal
                      • Dec 2010

I am glad they worked out for you. The 16 oz is great for not only training but hand protection, and once you pass your 25th birthday it is best to start using a glove with more padding and protection. Title makes some great products. I have been talking to a lot of companies on forums lately, and after summer venum, title, rival, and grant are apparently planning on releasing new bag gloves. I am hoping grant does a new version of their campeon line glove. The new trend is the Ergo foam glove. I am waiting for title to make an ergo foam bag glove considering their training glove is perty. If you get some extra or find them on sale try the ring to cage gloves. Their wrist support is not as good as say an IMF tech glove by ringside but they are so comfortable and the hand position of the foam is top notch. Much better then the Cleto Reyes out right now where the hand is half a hand larger than your own. They are way way way too big to even be comfortable.

Comment

• John M
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jun 2011

If the cleto gloves are bigger as you say I will have to look in to those next time I buy some gloves. And i know RP65 (Great guy to deal with as well) can get cleto products. I am in the process of getting a DE bag from him ( A cleto )
                        The XL titles are a bit short in the finger length for me. My finger come to the end of the padding and I would imagine I should at least have some space there.

Yeah more padding is good since I am 28 and 6 foot tall and 250 lbs. and the fact I work with my hands all day. So I use mexican hand wraps every time I use the heavy bag.

But buying new gloves I am sure is a bit a ways. hell I think I might need a new heavy bag before then. The century canvas bag I have is ripping and it does not have foam padding in it.
                        But when I do I will check out some that are a bit bigger then these titles.
                        Maybe i can get a deal on Cletos

Comment

• 08speed3
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                          Let me know what you think about those if you get 'em. I'm doing a lotta heavy bag work but will be sparring shortly - I've read a lot of good reviews on these gloves and have been considering gettin' em: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...ng-gloves.html
                          Originally posted by John M View Post
                          I have both of these gloves and i like them alot. I use the Title platinums for Heavy bag work & the Title Intense gels for sparring. I also think the Title Gels are better then my Ringside IMF Tech gloves.
                          BTW great review John M!! Sorry for the thread jack.

Comment

• John M
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by 08speed3 View Post
                            I have both of these gloves and i like them alot. I use the Title platinums for Heavy bag work & the Title Intense gels for sparring. I also think the Title Gels are better then my Ringside IMF Tech gloves.
                            BTW great review John M!! Sorry for the thread jack.

no worries you are helping on the topic about gloves.
                            Any information about gloves is great in my eyes.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...