X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jordan
    • Jun 2009

freestanding

Does anyone own a freestanding heavy bag? if so would you recommend it? I dont really have a place to hang one.
  • Kaju Dog
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Does anyone own a freestanding heavy bag? if so would you recommend it? I dont really have a place to hang one.
    Unfortunately I have not seen much success with regard to freestanding HB's. I have never seen one last more than a couple weeks of good use without the base/stand breaking. Even the ones that our kids use in the kids class start to go.

I have seen success with the BOB (body opponent bag).

Hope this helps... Im sure others have their experiences to share.

Good luck.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I highly recommend this model:
      At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

I had one that gave me several years of service. It's very durable, but not made out of real leather.

Check out the video link on that page to see it in action.

Comment

• Jordan
        • Jun 2009

I went to the sporting goods store today to check em out, and I realize that the base will eventually be filled with sand or water, but it seems like the bag itself just has no weight at all. I do have a garage I could hang one in but the ceiling is drywalled and I dont know for sure how sturdy or thick the studs are....any thoughts?

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
          I went to the sporting goods store today to check em out, and I realize that the base will eventually be filled with sand or water, but it seems like the bag itself just has no weight at all. I do have a garage I could hang one in but the ceiling is drywalled and I dont know for sure how sturdy or thick the studs are....any thoughts?
          There's studs (or joists, or whatever they are called) in there somewhere, and as long as you hang it right, it should be fine....

There's a variety of accessories for accomplishing this

Comment

• Jordan
            • Jun 2009

Thanks Tim, I'll have to let you know how it goes.

Comment

• Kyle
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              There's studs (or joists, or whatever they are called) in there somewhere, and as long as you hang it right, it should be fine....

There's a variety of accessories for accomplishing this

http://www.amazon.com/TITLE-WOODEN-B...ef=pd_sbs_sg_1
              i have the first one and has been hung up for over 5 years with a 100lb bag for about half that time and havent had a single problem
              ________
              Headshop
              Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...